PDA

View Full Version : NewTek - Thank you for the Animation Contest!

Surrealist.
08-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Because it needs to be said.

I realize the amount of work it takes to do something like this and I also remember the call from the community months ago to have a contest for LW artists.

So this shows you listen to us and I think in this instance you did an outstanding job and the contest was a real hit. I love how you laid out the website and the fact that you really gave the winner his moment. That shows some class.

It also has to be said that these things cost money. It takes resources to do what was done and I for one appreciate it. It really shows that it can be a win win. You give something back to us and we can contribute.

I am sure I am not alone in this appreciation. I hope that we will have more of these and that you will continue to have such great entries and winners and enjoy more success.

Cheers to all the NewTek staff and I hope Siggraph was a success as well!

:beerchug:

Matt
08-16-2008, 09:34 AM
True that! :thumbsup:

JMCarrigan
08-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Yes indeed. Thanks to Newtek!

blugenwitz
08-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks! And I wait for another next year!

cohominous
08-16-2008, 11:02 AM
I agree. I work in a marketing department and know how hard it is for an overworked, understaffed team to pull resources off the "necessary" stuff and do some "fun" community building stuff.

I hope the directors and VP's realize that connecting with a very vocal community is just as important as the "necessary" work.

Good job and thanks.

kopperdrake
08-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Total agreement here too Surrealist - thanks NewTek chaps and chapettes for laying the spread on, hopefully next time we may get a chance to partake :)

Tippsy
08-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Ya dont take those other threads as meaning we dont want another great contest... Cause we do!!! Cant wait for another one in which I can enter some work. Oh and of course Thanks Newtek!

The Dommo
08-17-2008, 05:22 PM
With a sigh of relief, I can say thank you too! :D

DBMiller
08-18-2008, 06:46 AM
If it wasn't for the contest I wouldn't have gotten off my butt and actually (almost) finished anything! It's really pushed me to get my act together and work! The prizes were great, not that I expected to win, but that wasn't the whole point. I finished something and sent it in! Cool.

benhaines
08-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Just to add, Newtek have also kindly offerend a copy of LW9.5 for the up and coming contest at PresetCentral. ;) So thanks!

Sarford
08-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Just to add, Newtek have also kindly offerend a copy of LW9.5 for the up and coming contest at PresetCentral. ;) So thanks!

And this dispite the flak these guys always get no matter what they do. Are they cool or what? Respect to you NewTek!!

DiscreetFX
08-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Yup, it was a great contest.

Talc
08-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Just watched some of the entries & they where Soooo Goood! (If a bit weird in places.) Big up to the people who produced the work & big up to Newtek.

If only I was as good, next time:dance: