PDA

View Full Version : That RED RECORD button is going to give a heart attack to somebody !!!

TIMECARE
08-16-2008, 04:13 AM
I wonder how difficult would it be to have a pop up window saying

"ARE YOU RECORDING ?"

This could be custom adjusted by TD whether to show again or repeat at a certain input time lap during setup until recording time has come.

I am sure this would save some soul !!!

If anybody has done this foul knows what I am talking about. If not - you might be bright not lucky - but it can always happen in a state of panic when things might be going a bit hectic. Wish we could do a reply YES DO IT so we can make a heavier puch together.

SBowie
08-16-2008, 06:05 AM
Are you simply saying here that you forgot to hit Record for some production or other, and wish there was a periodic popup reminder dialog that asked "Are you recording?"

I can only say for myself, that would not be very welcome. (Even if I felt differently, I think I'd want it to only appear when I wasn't recording and it should say "Do you wish to begin recording" ... but the fact is I'd hate that too, sorry.) If this seems like a good idea to all, shouldn't we have similar (audio?) reminders on all our tape decks and camera too?

I'm sorry to disagree, but if your TD can set this in advance for you, maybe the effort could go instead to setting a reminder on your watch alarm for a few minutes before showtime'.

TIMECARE
08-16-2008, 07:54 AM
I fully agree with you .... but talk to all those who forgot to hit that blessed button and ask them whether they wished to have that pop up window. As you wrote, it makes more sense to have a reminder to record when you are not in a not recording state.

About reminders on camera decks too, it is abvious you are mentioning it becuse it happens too.

What's wrong with safety first?

SBowie
08-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Others might like it, dunno. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to build in a sort of 'alarm clock' function that you could use or not use as you preferred.

csandy
08-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I'd welcome a pop-up window that reminded you to eat. Sometimes you gets to switchin and forget to feed and water. :)

billmi
08-20-2008, 06:22 AM
I'd really prefer a little monacle HUD device, that ran through the entire production checklist.

I've not seen anyone make the mistake of forgetting to record to disk more than one time. Doing it once seems to create an indelible memory. Thankfully we also record to a DVD at the same time, so we have a back-up to the hard drive copy.

MMI
08-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey c'mon guys. We've been rolling multiple record decks manually in the live event business for decades now! It's just a professional "checklist thing" you do prior to the live start. As good as TriCaster is, it will still always take a thinking person to make critical decisions when working in real time such as at a live event.
Next you're going to want it to make your coffee and donut every morning:dance:

jcupp
08-21-2008, 07:12 AM
New from NewTek the RCM-8 Remote Coffee Maker.

Quiet1onTheSet
08-21-2008, 08:29 AM
New from NewTek the RCM-8 Remote Coffee Maker.

Yeah, that'd be the 8-cup jaunt.

Q1

Jim_C
08-21-2008, 10:21 AM
While we are at it, we better make a pop up to tell us the machine is turned off and we better turn it on.

Matt Drabick
08-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Jim, I really like your avatar . . . very cool-looking cat! I showed it to my two teenaged daughters and they both cracked up!

Matt Drabick, DigiTek Systems

TIMECARE
08-31-2008, 02:23 PM
While we are at it, we better make a pop up to tell us the machine is turned off and we better turn it on.

Incidentally, reading across a tutorial from Newtek YOU came to mind !!

Creating a Scroll in Edit Media

TriCaster offers multiple ways to create and display text.. One of the most frequent requests to our technical support department is for steps to create ending credits or a scrolling text page.

The first and most important step is to make sure you TriCaster is turned on. Select the “Edit Media” Tab etc, etc etc

How about a word to Newtek !?!?!?