PDA

View Full Version : New Lightwave 9.5 marketing...

AbnRanger
08-15-2008, 03:38 AM
...campaign, featuring Larry the Cable Guy.
"All you sniveling sissy-boys, take what 'ya got and...GIT-R-DONE! "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyu5anKCF1E&feature=related

colkai
08-15-2008, 05:08 AM
Now that is top, after all, XSI has the hoodie market sewn up. :p

AbnRanger
08-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Now that is top, after all, XSI has the hoodie market sewn up. :pI figured Chuck might get a kick out of it...probably close to his sentiments on the matter...with all the flak they take.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asfibaSD7es&feature=related

Hopper
08-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Now that was truly creative. Funny as hell.

May NT's users should start creating the marketing material - could get interesting.

shrox
08-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh geez, I just hate that kind of stuff. Git r'done? Do it your fraking self, and take a shower maybe, at least stand down wind...

It's not real is it? Just a joke, please...

AbnRanger
08-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Oh geez, I just hate that kind of stuff. Git r'done? Do it your fraking self, and take a shower maybe, at least stand down wind...

It's not real is it? Just a joke, please...Yeah...just joking. With the current slogan so similar, thought I'd do a spoof on it. But it's also applicable...if he heard all the sniveling done here, that's what he'd say 'fer sure. :D

What kind of "stuff" are you referring to? Do it myself? Huh?....not following you there.

Hopper
08-15-2008, 04:31 PM
I do think it's unfortunate though. The choice of words for their 9.5 marketing was horrible. The first time I saw it I thought of the same thing.. Larry the Cable Guy sitting at the podium like Taron at SIGGRAPH 07, but modeling a spitoon or a Copenhagen can...

"Now d'you know what I like 'bout this here progrum thingy... you kin make stuff like this here spit can in a matter of hours. Did you know you kin even make a COW?"

shrox
08-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah...just joking. With the current slogan so similar, thought I'd do a spoof on it. But it's also applicable...if he heard all the sniveling done here, that's what he'd say 'fer sure. :D

What kind of "stuff" are you referring to? Do it myself? Huh?....not following you there.

I was thinking of a boss standing behind me saying that. That does not motivate me to do the job. The money motivates me.

AbnRanger
08-15-2008, 04:58 PM
I was thinking of a boss standing behind me saying that. That does not motivate me to do the job. The money motivates me.Oh, I see. Using Larry the Cable Guy was just a way of conveying what many here would say...stop the whining, and spend the time getting some work done, instead. But in a humorous way.

Digital Hermit
08-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Not sure if LW wants to be known as the red-neck 3D software of the industry - heh. But hey, sometimes bad publicity is better than none... and they are located in Texas. :D

BTW neat idea and execution.

AbnRanger
08-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Not sure if LW wants to be known as the red-neck 3D software of the industry - heh. But hey, sometimes bad publicity is better than none... and they are located in Texas. :D

BTW neat idea and execution."I don't care who you are...that there avatar (Hermit's) is funny. If you don't think that's funny, git' on outta' here, then."

colkai
08-16-2008, 03:25 AM
Sometimes, humor is lost of folks. :p
I dunno, maybe it's the world market or summat, but my oh my, there's lots of grumpiness about these days. Such a thought coming from me, that is worrying in itself. :D

AbnRanger
08-16-2008, 03:52 AM
Sometimes, humor is lost of folks. :p
I dunno, maybe it's the world market or summat, but my oh my, there's lots of grumpiness about these days. Such a thought coming from me, that is worrying in itself. :DI know what you mean. I don't think it would necessarily make LW look like a redneck application, either...just that a well known commedian (who spoofs rednecks like Jeff Foxworthy did...but in a self-depricating manner) happens to have coined that phrase...one which they chose to associate with LW's supposed ability to get work done quickly.

Nutri-system, which has Dan Marino as their main spokesman, even features Larry the Cable Guy in one of their major spots.
http://usatoday.feedroom.com/?fr_story=23342cffb675bad9bfe64be8e3e4f389e5ff7997&rf=sitemap
They certainly didn't see having him in their marketing campaign as being associated with a redneck persona. They just draw on the comedy aspect, and the "GIT-R-DONE" outlook to losing weight.

At any rate, I was just trying to inject a little humor. It's a tough time for LW and Newtek, and I thought it might help for a second or two...
http://gitrdone.com/mediaPlayer/flashPlayer.php?id=143&format=FLV&speed=F&type=v

colkai
08-16-2008, 05:03 AM
At any rate, I was just trying to inject a little humor. It's a tough time for LW and Newtek, and I thought it might help for a second or two...
http://gitrdone.com/mediaPlayer/flashPlayer.php?id=143&format=FLV&speed=F&type=v

Yup, I hear you loud N clear.
As a long time developer myself, I can't begin to describe how down I'd feel if all the negativity around was aimed at one of my products. :(
Would make me wonder why I bothered doing the job in the first place, can you imagine if a 3D artists had every piece of work destroyed by the people who bought it?

"Yeah, well, I bought it, but oh gawd, what a mess, why you thought that would be a good idea I don't know" :devil: :p