PDA

View Full Version : cameras show up really bad on VT5

vt5user12
08-13-2008, 08:06 PM
I have two JVC studio cameras plugged into a VT5 and on the camera panel the cameras show up fine but on the video montiors on VT5 they are horrible! Camera 1 is in black and white with alot of fuzziness and camera 2 shows up with a reddish pinkish color with some fuzziness, how do I fix this?!?!

Snu
08-13-2008, 09:08 PM
what connection are you using to plug the cameras in?
it sounds like you have the camera's component outs plugged in to vt's composite in.

TRCC
08-15-2008, 03:18 PM
It definitely sounds like you have a mis-cabling issue. Perhaps if you are using component the cables are mixed up, or if you plug a Y/C input to a row that already has component plugged in you get a real nice orangeish picture. Also check that your CCUs are putting out YPrPb or YUV something along the component lines. I know our Sony TX-50's originally were putting out an RGB signal which the VT didn't read at all, somewhere on one of the circuit boards was a dip switch that changed to component which solved our problems (EXCEPT WAVY LINES).

Luke

vt5user12
08-28-2008, 07:30 PM
sorry on the tardiness of my reply to this but as TRCC said it was a confusion between the component cables and the Y/C video playback computer. thanks again