PDA

View Full Version : Documentation folder empty in 9.5 ?

rouge
08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone i just updated from lightwave 9.3.1 to 9.5 everything seems to be working fine but when i tried to get FiberFX help it wasn't there and then i tried to get the contents help from the file menu in modeler it wouldn't work i then checked the paths for these two files and it led me to the documentation folder which was empty? what i'm i doing wrong please help because i do rely a lot on the help content since i'm still fairly new to lightwave.

francois

clintonman
08-13-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't see it either. I think the documentation is missing from the release.

rouge
08-14-2008, 02:20 AM
i think you are right clintonman cause i checked in the "my downloads" section and i compared 9.3.1 which is 216 mb and 9.5 is only 99 mb. Anyone else with this problem out there i'd like to know about it.

Francois

ben martin
08-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Worst than that is that v9.3.1 creates an extra "Web Help" folder (files duplicated).
If you check, you'll find one "Web Help" folder inside the "Documentation" folder (as expected) and a second one outside (in Lightwave installation folder).
To compensate that HD space abuse, NT probably decided to give no more Web Help to v9.5. or we could end with a 3rd web help folder someplace else in the HD. (sarcasm)
Creppy... :confused: