PDA

View Full Version : Screen Resolution Dilemma

AdamAvenali
08-13-2008, 06:21 AM
hey all,

it's been a while since i have posted, so why not return with a question. i have an Asus G1s-B2 laptop that i have been using lightwave on. it seems that all of the text on my buttons is cropped off. i will post an image later when i am at home and actually have the computer in front of me, but i will try and explain. for example, let's say you are looking at the button for Bandsaw Pro, on my screen it will say Bandsa... it seems that my resolution is too high and that the text size within lightwave is set to a specific size. oh, and my screen resolution is set to 1680x1050. i would really like to be able to read my buttons again haha so if anyone has any idea what is going on i would really appreciate the help.

thanks,
adam

jpleonard
08-13-2008, 06:31 AM
On my desktop monitor my resolution is also 1680 x1050, I have no problem with the text on my buttons. Don't know what may be causing that.

AdamAvenali
08-13-2008, 07:57 AM
i dont know if the smaller 15.4" screen size would have anything to do with it?

Lightwolf
08-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Is your windows font size set to large? That might be related to it.

Cheers,
Mike

AdamAvenali
08-13-2008, 10:05 AM
hmm.. that may be a possibility. i will check that when i get home and let everyone know.

Skonk
08-13-2008, 10:11 AM
"A 15" screen will not do 1680*1050 im sure, try moving your mouse to the edge of the screen (where it's clipping) and see if the desktop pans (the desktop moves under the screen if u know what i mean).

Im pretty sure you have set the screen resolution higher than the monitor can handle."

EDIT: I tell a lie, I checked that model and it does indeed support that resolution, seems high for that size screen but seems it does :)

Skonk.

AdamAvenali
08-13-2008, 10:40 AM
yeah i was surprised that it would go that high in a 15.4" config, but its one of the main reasons i bought this particular model, nice and compact with a fairly high res, makes mobile gaming very enjoyable.

i guess i just didnt realize that lightwave used the windows font size for the buttons. i will keep everyone posted.

thanks,
adam

AdamAvenali
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
so it is official that my windows font was set to large. i've changed it back and everything seems to be A-okay! :thumbsup: thanks for the help!