PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer noob needs help!

Rinjo
08-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks for reading this post, and thanks for any help in advance.

Here is the issue I am having:

I have a scene with 17 objects that all have the same animation. They are offset by groups, 3 objects in a group (except for the last two) which are 90 frames apart from any other group. Within the group the 3 objects all do the same thing, but are staggered in time. The first object animates, 5 frames later the next object starts, 5 frames late the next object starts.

What I need to know is how to copy the motion from the first object to the other objects, which at first seems simple. But each object has two null handles which are Bend controllers. So each object has two nulls--each of which are named according to the object they are controlling, ie; Bend_1_Object 1, Bend_2_Object 1 and so on.

The problem I ran into in Motion Mixer was copying the motion. By doing so, I copy the information for the nulls over to the next object. So now, Object two is pointing at the Bend controllers for object 1 and looking for direction. How can I edit this and redirect the copied motion to the proper nulls?

Or must I build each animation set individually for each of the objects and each of the nulls? Somehow I feel like this should be a simple fix, yet it seems like I have turned it into a long drawn out procedure.

Again, thanks for all the help in advance.

~Rin~

stevecullum
08-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Are your objects all the same? If so I would consider using an MDD and then just offset the time. - That's assuming I've understood what you want to do!

A picture tells a thousand words and all that, so some images would be helpful ;)