PDA

View Full Version : hypervoxels not rendering?

eblu
08-11-2008, 01:28 PM
any body ever run into this?
I have hypervoxels, they preview in Viper, they just don't render.

any ideas?
I'm out of ideas, and I'm getting really frustrated.

eblu
08-12-2008, 07:45 AM
scene file was screwed up.
no idea how, but I imported the objects lights and camera into a new scene and THAT scene rendered the hypervoxels.

oh lightwave, how do you frustrate me, let me count the ways...

Mr. Wilde
08-20-2008, 03:24 AM
Don't know if it's still in LW 9.5, but...

When I do a scene with HyperVoxels, and preview them in VIPER, they will not render together with the geometry. Geometry will be rendered with all antialiasing/adaptive sampling passes, but then the HyperVoxels will be just slapped over the image like a post effect, without any anti aliasing passes rendered.

When I restart Layout and render the scene without ever touching the Viper preview, it renders perfectly fine. So your scene file is perfectly fine, but somehow, the Viper preview affects how Hypervoxels are rendered by hitting F9 or F10.

eblu
08-20-2008, 03:45 PM
now thats something that hasn't happened to me.
not saying it doesn't happen, have you fogBugged it?

toby
08-20-2008, 04:05 PM
You sure it wasn't the volumetric aa switched off?

shrox
08-20-2008, 04:53 PM
I run into stuff like this all the time. The new Bug Reporter is cool, but the machine I have it on is not connected to the internet, trying to keep it virgin, but not too long or any Vista updates will take weeks to download!

Hopper
08-20-2008, 05:17 PM
I had a similar problem yesterday. Everything was rendering fine, until I added my double ground plane to the scene (one wood surface, then a "glass" plane on top to give it some depth.

Viper went black and never came back. (...so I guess it's true! :D )

Did this have something to do with adding an HDRI through image world?

(and if you're wondering, I did still have at least one additional light in the scene that was enabled).