PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to solo items?

stib
07-30-2003, 01:26 AM
I have a pretty complex scene going on, lots of geometry, hypervoxels, PFX, you name it. I want to tweak the motion of a object's morph, but with all the extra guff in the scene there's no way of getting a real time preview except in bounding box, which doesn't tell me what the morph is doing.

Can I solo the item? I mean hide everything else, like you would in After Effects, or even the "hide unselected" function in modeller. I know I could go to the scene editor and click on hidden in the view settings, but that's pretty laborious, especially as you can't just select everything and change them all at once - very sucky UI, there NT.

Is this something for Lscript? I'm a 1337 script haxxor from way back (www.scriptgeek.netfirms.com), but I haven't had time yet to look at LScript.

hrgiger
07-30-2003, 01:48 AM
Perhaps it's not Newtek's sucky UI that's the problem, rather it's your lack of knowledge about it? Not trying to be nasty necessarily, but I hate it when people assume there's a problem with Lightwave when they don't know the answer.

If you look again in the scene editor, you see an icon shaped like an eye. If you go down the list, you can just uncheck those boxes for the items you want to hide. It's a lot faster then using the pull down menu to hide selected.

stib
07-30-2003, 05:39 PM
helooo read the post.

What I was talking about was that to change the maximum display level of the hundreds of items in my scene I have to go to that very scene editor window that you so helpfully pointed out, and individually click on the lil icon, scroll down the list and click on hidden or bounding box or whatever. For EVERY SINGLE ITEM INDIVIDUALLY. Hello Carpal Tunnel syndrome!

Selecting multiple items and changing one does not change all the items selected, as it would in any user interface not designed by Joseph Mengele.

That's a sucky UI, by anyone's standards.

WCameron
07-30-2003, 06:45 PM
Open the Scene Editor.

Select all the Items either by hand or use the green button
dropdown up the top that says SELECT. (maybe it'd be eaiser to select all items, then deselect the ones you want displayed)
Then push the Dropdown that says VISIBILITY and select Hide
Selected Items.

- Will.

stib
07-30-2003, 08:36 PM
aha. Thanks WCameron.

Zach
09-21-2006, 04:37 PM
actually, is there a solo feature coming down the pike? Would really be helpful to set it in the viewport options, Hide unselected, or hide selected. I kind of got used to that in some other programs i've used and greatly miss in LW

danielkaiser
09-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Try one of these!

Found on flay

Solo http://www.interestingmedia.co.uk/
Show Hide http://www.forwardgames.com/