PDA

View Full Version : Snapping tools

sannyasi
07-30-2003, 12:33 AM
I love the current snap tool for moving my objects around, but there should be an addition of curve grid and object/face snapping such as xsi or maya.

The only work around I have found for the face snapping is to copy the object into a background layer, subdivide (many, many times) and draw a curve or move my points approx into position and run the background conform plugin/script. And still it can't be as acurate as XSI or maya.

snoche
08-01-2003, 05:56 AM
How i can snap now points to another point? like the V key in maya?

Its so easy in maya snap some points to another point, only need press the key V and hold it while you drag the mouse to the axis that you want snap and drag until the point that you want for reference.

There are something like this in modeler? snap points quick?

I think no its very dificult one plugin that can make this. Is it?

My english its worth each day. :)

faulknermano
08-01-2003, 08:45 AM
http://thespread.ghostoutpost.com/SnapSets.zip

Dangerman
08-02-2003, 11:30 PM
Shift G (Capital G) is the default for the Snap tool. Works just like ctrl-t (Drag tool) but will snap points to points like a charm.

jb_gfx
08-03-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Dangerman
Shift G (Capital G) is the default for the Snap tool. Works just like ctrl-t (Drag tool) but will snap points to points like a charm.

Why oh why this doesn't work with (multiple) background layer? :(

snoche
08-04-2003, 04:16 AM
QUOTE]Shift G (Capital G) is the default for the Snap tool. Works just like ctrl-t (Drag tool) but will snap points to points like a charm.[/QUOTE]

yes but only work with all axis at the same time, no? I think no its enought.

I not tryed "SnapSets" yet, but i think that no its exactly that i want. Something simple and efective, select axis and snap the selected points to another point.

faulknermano
08-04-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by snoche
QUOTE]I not tryed "SnapSets" yet, but i think that no its exactly that i want. Something simple and efective, select axis and snap the selected points to another point.

SnapSets can snap point to point in independent axis. it can drag the whole geometry with it, blah blah. a whole other stuffs too.