PDA

View Full Version : Fprime not rendering moving objects

LastofTheLarrys
08-09-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm running FPrime 3.2 on LW 9.3.1 on Vista 32 and 64 via boot camp on a Mac Pro.

In a nutshell, when I scroll through a scene of an object rotating in the FPrime previewer, the object spins around a null correctly.

When rendering a frame range with FPrime Render, the object doesn't move but the anisotropic textures on it seem to move correctly. I've tried the same scene on three different computers and the same result. Fprime only renders the frame I have selected in the timeline, not the frames entered in the Fprime Render frame range.

Any ideas why Fprime is not rendering the correct animation?

I've tried the same scene on three different computers and the same result. Fprime only renders the frame I have selected in the timeline, not the frames entered in the Fprime Render frame range.

Thanks!

praa
08-09-2008, 07:40 PM
is the object parented to anything ? if so i had a lot of trouble with fprime rendering parented animated objects

LastofTheLarrys
08-09-2008, 08:25 PM
is the object parented to anything ? if so i had a lot of trouble with fprime rendering parented animated objects

Yes, it's parented to three nulls. One for rotation, one for position, and one for movement.

I've had Fprime render parented objects before. This one stumps me.

flakester
08-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Make sure your camera view is set to 'shaded' or 'textured shaded' or 'textured shaded wireframe'.
fprime only picks up and renders animation in these viewport settings sometimes.

Well, that's my experience anyhoo.

flakester.

Snosrap
08-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Set the subdivision order to last.

Snosrap