PDA

View Full Version : NewTek's LightWave 3D 2008 Survey

Wickster
08-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I hope I'm not doind anything wrong for doing this but,

Whether any of us are going to SIGGRAPH or not, I think we should fill out the official LightWave survey on NT's SIGGRAPH page:

NT SIGGRAPH Page:
http://www.newtek.com/shows/siggraph/2008/

LightWave Survey:
http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/survey-intro.zgi?p=WEB2284G49FU2Y

It has some very interesting questions that may shape the next LightWave. I would just like to encourage everyone to take it so we could give them a fair amount of number of opinion and more a general conclussion where we want LightWave to go. :)

beverins
08-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Filled out and sent :-)

shrox
08-08-2008, 04:03 PM
I did it, could have placed more than one question per page though.

tyrok1
08-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Did my part. Wish they'd have added a few more questions. Like "What about version 9 do you consider the biggest improvement?", to which I would have replied with something like "CC Subdiv surfaces. Hands down, without a doubt, no question." Bought 9 for the render speed improvements, love 9 for the subdivs!

Wickster
08-08-2008, 04:53 PM
I was actually waiting for the question that said: "How do you feel about LW's pricing?" or "Should NT change the licensing fees for LW? If so, in what way?" or something like that.

And an additional comment field at the end would have been nice too.

JohnMarchant
08-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Filled out but sometimes i wanted to give more than 1 answer. Oh well at least i got a bobble head, although im not going to Sig anyway, anyone want one :):)

Talc
08-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Some strange repeat questions in there that presumed answers & didn't allow multiple choice. Felt like a survey with an already set conclusion!

MachineClaw
08-08-2008, 11:02 PM
filled out. Thought it was kinda lame, but I was truthful.

cresshead
08-09-2008, 12:02 AM
done and done!

wasn't much detail q's in there...adn no multiple choice on software i use...wanted to put 3dsmax, zbrush and vue but had to limit to 3dsmax..

JamesCurtis
08-09-2008, 12:28 AM
I have a friend going to Siggraph, so maybe he can get my bobblehead for me.

Matt
08-09-2008, 06:56 AM
It also asks if you use other packages, but then phrases the question "What is your primary application?", so I put LightWave thinking the next question would be "And your secondary?" but it wasn't! So they now think I use LightWave and LightWave!

So, not the best wording if you ask me.

AbnRanger
08-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I appreciate them having the survey, period. It tells me that they are indeed interested in the feedback from all of their customers...not just larger studios.
I've never seen AD do anything like this across their customer base...just, again, the larger studios who buy dozens of seats. Little guys need not apply.

I did find it hard to answer the question about Newtek meeting your needs.
Adding a box to allow them to elaborate further, as to why, if the answer was NO, would have been nice (limiting them to something like 150-250 words so that it doesn't turn into a diatribe).