PDA

View Full Version : A faster way to copy Hypervoxels?

Sonitrolio
08-08-2008, 05:46 AM
I have a small scene that has 5 different types of smoke trails (using hypervoxels) in it. Each trail has 2 emitters and 2 winds parented to a null so I can move them where I want them. I need to duplicate these objects multiple times. If I clone the whole thing, then I have to go into the movement options and reparent everything to the newly cloned null, and if I load the whole object from another scene then I have to go into the Hypervoxel properties and load the settings for each emitter and turn them on. Neither option is "the end of the world", but I am looking for a better/ faster workflow. The finished scene will probably have between 50 and 60 copies of these smoke trails. Do you guys have any suggestions or should I just suck it up and start cloning?

4dartist
08-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Have you tried CloneHierarchy? Should be able to grab the root null only and hit this, it'll duplicate the root and all of it's children. I think they will retain all the settings, including hypervoxels/particles. Worth a try. The button is under 'Items' tab on my LW, but if not you can run a search for it in the hotkey editor.

Andrew March
08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
How about using the 'Load from scene' command, then save the scene again and load it again, each time you'll double the number of items in your scene.

I might not be making myself clear but hope you get the idea.

4dartist
08-08-2008, 11:44 AM
The problem with load from scene is that (as far as i remember) it won't load the hypervoxel settings with the nulls. When you load from scene, you have the choice to import the hypervoxel plugin master and another hypervoxel, thing, but i seem to remember trying that, and it either gave an error and/or didn't load the settings. (this is if you already have hypervoxels in the scene.)

Sonitrolio
08-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Have you tried CloneHierarchy?
Just found it and am trying it.

It works like a charm.....thank you very much!!!!