PDA

View Full Version : Siggraph Streams..

KOlson
07-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Day 1 is over and I missed everything streamed...... NewTek, are you working on putting up downloadable videos showing the new features in 8?

beverins
07-29-2003, 07:46 PM
1) download WMR RECORDER Version 8. (WMR80.exe) install and configure. A bit tricky, but once you suss it out, it is automatic. For Macs, you will have to find some other way to record the streams. Sorry.

2) If you dont want to DL WMP 9, ,then at least get the WMP9Codecs for your mediaplayer. Might work for MACS too.

3) start up the Live Stream. Choppy? No matter.

4) Start up WMR Recorder. In the options, have it record to someplace with some room. The streams are pretty tiny; 50MB for what looks like 20 min of footage... Press Record. It should reflect that it has tapped into the stream being accessed by Media Player. Let it run.

I have a DSL with 368kbs... it recorded the stream almost flawlessly; your mileage may vary. The recorded output DID chop and stall a few times, and the beginning of the stream is glitched always.... but I would say it does a bang-up job!! My connection through media player was stuttering like mad, but little evidence of that stutter and signal loss was evident in the recorded file.

KOlson
07-29-2003, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the info! :)

archiea
07-29-2003, 08:21 PM
I leave for work like 3 hours before the streaming actually starts. Any way for me to set it up to record?

Its about time we get a TiVo in software just for these occasions....