PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Water and stuff???

Dave3D
07-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Can lightwave make dirty water, by if you hand in dirty water its clearer near the surface and then it fades away as u put it in deeper? Can lightwave recreate this effect, and if so how?

Dave

hrgiger
07-29-2003, 05:24 PM
I've seen where you can get that kind of effect but it's a trick in a way (it has to be since the water in Lightwave generally has no actual volume) with the use of gradients and incidence angle. I've seen it where they showed a boat sticking halfway underwater sitting on the shore. The part of the boat that was deeper in the water was less apparent then what was near the surface. I'll look it up when I get home later tonight and tell you what I find.

Danner
07-30-2003, 02:44 AM
you can get away with it with colored ground fog and lots of floating-moving particles that multiply in numbers the lower you go. Use hypervoxel sprites on the particles to reduce render times (as opposed to regular hypervoxels)

richpr
07-30-2003, 10:34 PM
There was a tutorial using a new 7.5c feature... Surface something... Someone here on the forum did it for a user group, was it kevman3d?

I knew I had seen it... http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4864

Might be usable