PDA

View Full Version : Animating a limited region along the timeline

inakito
08-07-2008, 03:13 AM
Is that posible?
:help:

Lewis
08-07-2008, 06:49 AM
AFAIK not but you can do trick with some flat polygon (with hole) in fornt of camera :).

inakito
08-07-2008, 09:32 AM
that involve lots of work and frame by frame animation.... Can we implement this for next versions?

Lewis
08-07-2008, 10:34 AM
And how would you animate it automatic "along the timeline" if not with keyframes also ?? Difference is only in Object model you will need, rest is manual work anyway :) :).

iconoclasty
08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
What exactly would you be using this for? Are you wanting it to animate automatically or something?

GregMalick
08-07-2008, 12:19 PM
The only reason I can come up with is that you are tracking a specific character and don't want to turn off the other other objects in the render.

Assuming that's the case, I'd animate a second "cloned" camera to track the character and have that camera with the appropriate limited region.

I think we could help more if we knew specifics about what you are trying to do.

Andyjaggy
08-07-2008, 03:45 PM
No that's too much work. It needs to read my mind and keyframe according to my emotions.

littlewaves
08-07-2008, 03:56 PM
The only reason I can come up with is that you are tracking a specific character and don't want to turn off the other other objects in the render.

Assuming that's the case, I'd animate a second "cloned" camera to track the character and have that camera with the appropriate limited region.

I think we could help more if we knew specifics about what you are trying to do.

wouldn't that totally screw up your angle?

GregMalick
08-07-2008, 04:41 PM
wouldn't that totally screw up your angle?

Depending on what the original camera is doing - yeah - that could be a problem.

In that case you fall back to the polygon hole solution or just turn off the other objects in the render.

Bottom line is that LW doesn't provide animation of the Limited Region. Still waiting to hear the exact need for this.

Mr Rid
08-07-2008, 04:54 PM
that involve lots of work and frame by frame animation.... Can we implement this for next versions?

Cutting a simple hole in a poly should take about 60 seconds, and then you have it to use from then on. And as mentioned, you have to key limited region either way. But what I have also used are clip maps so you can use more than one on a poly to track multiple items, and they can be different shapes and animated with reference nulls. Copy the image(s) in the transparency channel and turn on auto key to see it realtime.

If you have say an animated character you want to track, you can quickly render an alpha only of the character (if you dont already have one), then 'fatten' the white part of the alpha in a post program like Fusion or AFX with a glow (or other tricks, or batch the frames in PShop, or can even do it in LW), ... then front projection map this onto a matte poly in front of camera as a clip that perfectly cuts out your character for a new RGB render. You could also front pojection map your prior RGB pass onto that same poly with the clip cutout to comp it all in LW.

(I have many years of compositing trickery all in LW before access to a compositing tool... would be surprised what all you can comp without ever leaving LW).

dpont
08-08-2008, 03:00 AM
Just a hack for Layout, could not work in LWSN,
An (x32) Animated_LimitedRegion Master plugin,
http://perso.orange.fr/dpont/plugins/Animated_LimitedRegion_x32.zip

-Select "Borders" or "No Border" option or Disable.

-Position the timeline cursor on a frame, modify the Limited Region,
use the "Create Key" button to record it.

-Plugin instance and settings can copied in another scene.

Not fully tested, as usual,
Denis.

dpont
08-08-2008, 05:41 AM
Animated_LimitedRegion has been updated,
Left and Top need to be substracted to Width and Height.

Denis.

dpont
08-08-2008, 05:56 AM
Animated demo:

For those who want to repair their rendered sequence
without re-rendering the whole thing...

Denis.

dee
08-08-2008, 07:43 AM
cool, thanks Denis! :thumbsup:

inakito
10-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Uaaaaaaaaaaaaaau Denis, you can not stop surprising me...

and a good answer aswell.

:)

PhantomPhish
10-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Animated demo:

For those who want to repair their rendered sequence
without re-rendering the whole thing...

Denis.

It won't work over LWSN though being a Master plugin?

dpont
10-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Just a hack for Layout, could not work in LWSN...

It uses LWCommand and
These commands aren't compatible with Screamernet.

Denis.

Philbert
11-05-2008, 03:01 AM
Hey Denis, just wondering if any work has been done on a 64 bit version of this. I think it could be a great replacement for Render Strips as well as repairing part of a rendered sequence.

billyclyde
06-12-2009, 08:16 AM
do you have this plugin for the mac