PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Styles... Exposed to LScript, or what?

Alhadis
08-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Is there any way to get or set a viewport's rendering mode in Modeler?

I'm a 3DS Max user at heart, which means I'm naturally tuned to hitting hotkeys to alternate between wireframe/edged faces/shading modes. I've checked the documentation; Layout boasts an LScript function that controls the rendering mode, but the function's done nothing for Modeller. I was hoping of writing a script that could help speed things up a little (since I'm constantly dancing between wireframe, textured faces and shaded edges during production).

The action of changing a viewport's rendering mode doesn't appear to show in the Macro recorder either; so is what I'm asking completely impossible? For the record, I'm using Lightwave 9.3.1 (if that'll have any bearing).

Thanks in advance!
- John

Celshader
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Is there any way to get or set a viewport's rendering mode in Modeler?

First, welcome to the NewTek forum. :^)

Second, you can assign viewport rendering modes to each of the number keys on your keyboard's Numeric Keyboard. Hold down the CTRL key and press one of the number keys to assign viewport rendering modes to that number key.

Mitch Rosefelt wrote specific instructions here:

From http://www.thepixelfarm.com/LWStuff/LWTips.html
Modeler

Take advantage of the very useful feature of “Control + keypad numbers” to create viewport presets. For example, with the mouse over a viewport, press “Control + keypad-1” and save the preset. Then when keypad-1 is pressed, the settings will be applied to whichever viewport the mouse is over. There are a number of options for the presets so play around to see what works. Here are some suggestions. (Keypad-0 is unavailable):

Keypad-1: Top View (set view only)
Keypad-2: Back View (set view only)
Keypad-3: Right View (set view only)
Keypad-4: Left View (set view only)
Keypad-5: Perspective View (set view only)
Keypad-6: Wireframe (set mapping type only)
Keypad-7: Smoothshade (set mapping type only)
Keypad-8: Wireframe Shade (set mapping type only)
Keypad-9: The sky is the limit J

Alhadis
08-06-2008, 08:16 PM
So, that's the only way? Hrm, thank you. ^^'

But is it a hotkey that's only going to be limited to the Numpad? I tend to integrate both 3DS Max and Lightwave shortcuts into either program's workflow (helps prevent confusion since I work with both), so I was hoping of having it assigned to F3, for example...

If not, thanks anyway. :) Been a help. ^_^

Celshader
08-06-2008, 08:23 PM
So, that's the only way? Hrm, thank you. ^^'

But is it a hotkey that's only going to be limited to the Numpad? I tend to integrate both 3DS Max and Lightwave shortcuts into either program's workflow (helps prevent confusion since I work with both), so I was hoping of having it assigned to F3, for example...

If not, thanks anyway. :) Been a help. ^_^

Glad to help. :^)

I do not know if the numeric keypad is the only way to change viewport modes. I do not know LScript well enough to say for sure.

You may have already done this...but you can export a list of LScript commands from the "Save Cmd List" under the "Commands" section of Modeler's "Utilities" tab.