PDA

View Full Version : Lights not working

Teig
07-29-2003, 03:20 PM
I have had lighting problems for a while now. I finally got to the point where I was ready to do some photo realistic renders and started rigging my lights. I found out my problem is the only light that is working is the global illumination. Here is what I think I know.

1) I'm making the assumption based on what I could find in the book and other information that the default light is the Global illumination. It seems to work fine.

2) if I turn global Illuminating down to 0% and add a spotlight, aim it at the subject I get nothing. I have also tried every kind of light and nothing seems to work at all.

The linked picture is 768k it shows the render (upper right) the properties of the spotlight and how it is placed

Running OSX 10.2.5 1GB Ram, 400MHz

any ideas?

stib
07-30-2003, 01:33 AM
Did you turn off Global Light Intensity or Ambient Intensity?

Global Light Intensity is the master lighting control that turns up or down the intensity of all the lights in a scene, whereas Ambient intensity is kinda like a cheating radiosity that fills in unlit areas.

You should be turning off Ambient intensity, not Global Light Intensity if you wanna do the photorealistic lighting thang.

Teig
07-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Stib, you rock man that was it.

Thanks a bunch

stib
07-30-2003, 05:39 PM
no I don't rock, I stay at home and read manuals. sigh.