PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of a shadow

virtualcomposer
08-05-2008, 07:45 PM
I have a spaceship that is being lit by the sun but my problem is that the sun is casting a shadow of the ship on the earth. Kinda messes up the effect. :cry:http://www.newtek.com/forums/images/smilies/brians/cry.gif How do I make it that the sun still shines on the ship but doesn't cast a shadow???

jameswillmott
08-05-2008, 07:50 PM
You can turn off Cast Shadow on the ship but leave Self Shadow on.

virtualcomposer
08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
where do I find that in Layout?

jameswillmott
08-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Object Properties -> Rendering tab

Surrealist.
08-05-2008, 08:53 PM
I have a spaceship that is being lit by the sun but my problem is that the sun is casting a shadow of the ship on the earth. Kinda messes up the effect. :cry:http://www.newtek.com/forums/images/smilies/brians/cry.gif How do I make it that the sun still shines on the ship but doesn't cast a shadow???

You can also exclude objects from lights. That is in the object tab of the Light P.

Or you can exclude lights from objects in the Lights tab of the Object P.

As you get more into lighting you may find you don't want the same light on the Earth as you have on the ship. You can dedicate a light just to the ship if you want. Or dedicate a light just to the Earth. May or may not be what you want here but keep it in mind.

Wrap
08-06-2008, 05:47 AM
You can turn off Cast Shadow on the ship but leave Self Shadow on.

If this does not work then you could try a Vorlon cruiser and a fleet of white stars, this seemed to do the job of getting rid of the shadows in Babylon 5

dee
08-06-2008, 05:54 AM
If this does not work then you could try a Vorlon cruiser and a fleet of white stars, this seemed to do the job of getting rid of the shadows in Babylon 5

:D:lol:

Nangleator
08-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Then, you just have that big Drakh mess to deal with.

RebelHill
08-06-2008, 07:04 AM

get the hell out of my galaxy

Wrap
08-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Whatever you do with regards to the shadows, remember 1 thing.

DONT TRUST THE CENTAURI.....

in fact, it might have been them that put the shadow there in the first place.