PDA

View Full Version : Animation that never made it!!

lardbros
08-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Hey everyone, i tried entering this but struck an interesting bug so my scene would no longer load without layout crashing. GREAT. But here was my idea:

Lightwave cookie, on a desk... brain hops in, eats it, and then explodes everywhere in nice splatting effect, with Dynamics helping out. (Theme i was going for was "Blow your Mind")

Here is as far as I got with it though, think the crashing was down to the displacement on my cookie, but it didn't do it in an earlier beta! :(

Modelled the brain and everything... took bloody ages for me to do that, quite a tricky piece of organic modelling!

Ztreem
08-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Nice looking LW cookie!

lardbros
08-03-2008, 10:01 AM
:) Cheers Ztreem

Here's the brain too. Shame my lightwave just didn't like what i was doing... would probably have just missed the deadline anyway. My render times were going up and up for each frame. Started off rendering in a minute a frame, and towards the middle was 45minutes. Weird.

Tippsy
08-03-2008, 09:15 PM
LOVE THAT COOKIE!!!!! The brain is also really well done but I really really like that cookie!! mmmmmmmmm cookies.......

blugenwitz
08-09-2008, 03:55 PM
...or maybe not that amazing. My short for competition is about exploding cookie. Different kind, but it's still quite close :). I was sure it will be original :)

3DGFXStudios
08-10-2008, 11:10 AM
jummy.... brains!!!

JBT27
08-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Yep, that cookie is really, really good :thumbsup:

Julian.

H_Molla
09-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Hey everyone, i tried entering this but struck an interesting bug so my scene would no longer load without layout crashing. GREAT. But here was my idea:

Lightwave cookie, on a desk... brain hops in, eats it, and then explodes everywhere in nice splatting effect, with Dynamics helping out. (Theme i was going for was "Blow your Mind")

Here is as far as I got with it though, think the crashing was down to the displacement on my cookie, but it didn't do it in an earlier beta! :(

Modelled the brain and everything... took bloody ages for me to do that, quite a tricky piece of organic modelling!

can u share the cooke scene?? especially the texturing ?? is it node based ?? i guess you did node displacement ??

lardbros
09-29-2008, 04:18 PM
can u share the cooke scene?? especially the texturing ?? is it node based ?? i guess you did node displacement ??

Yeah, no probs at all. It is all nodal displacement, well, mostly anyway.

The scene is probably a bit of a mess, but i'll gather it all up into a zip file.

daforum
09-29-2008, 06:02 PM
The cookie looks delicious; and thanks for sharing it all - not just a chunk! :)

H_Molla
09-29-2008, 08:19 PM
thanks for sharing...I'll play with it & will post her to share what I have in my mind.

MSwengel
02-05-2009, 06:32 AM
LOVE THAT COOKIE!!!!! The brain is also really well done but I really really like that cookie!! mmmmmmmmm cookies.......

LOL.... I think Tippsy MIGHT like cookies... hmmm

iaef
02-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Got some milk along the cookie? I loved the cookie! :)