PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Impossible

Sarford
08-03-2008, 06:26 AM
He guys,

I came acros this site a couple of weeks ago. This guy is making a short film named 'Pigeon Impossible'. This in itself is nothing new but he also publishes a weekly podcast on all kinds of production problems he encounters during the making of this film.
These podcast are filled with valueble information and they are also funny. He is using XSI but I'm sure lots of the information goes for LightWave aswell.

Here is the link: http://pigeonimpossible.com/

Auger
08-03-2008, 08:30 AM
He also has his character (lo-res) and rig posted on his blog. Works with the free version of XSI (ModTools).:thumbsup:

Stooch
08-03-2008, 02:18 PM
looking at the podcasts. i find his multipass lighting setup to be a terrible waste of time for his production. it would make more sense if there was a dedicated compositor along with a bigger CG team and he had to report to a director who wanted to have extra control in post... but if he is directing then he should know exactly what he wants off the bat while setting up the lights in the first place. horrible workflow. could have just done a really nice incamera lighting setup and saved himself a bunch of post time. and it would have looked better too. i think the overall look of the movie is washed out and flat.

oh well. maybe he should reconsider his production triangle and shift his production a little bit away from "good" or add another side, called "incompetence" or "inefficiency".

Dexter2999
08-03-2008, 07:47 PM
checkout the links there are some good podcast interviews at animationpodcast.com