PDA

View Full Version : Bones stop deforming after import

monovich
08-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Howdy. I've got a problem that I can't nix. I've got a woman rigged /w bones and animated with a simple walk cycle. My problem is that when use "Load Items From Scene" and bring in a new scene /w another character who is also rigged the original character stops deforming and returns to her neutral pose even though her skeleton is still animated. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks!

-sf

monovich
08-01-2008, 10:26 AM
edit: I forgot to mention that the imported character retains its bone deformations, so one of the characters works and one does not even though the Enable Deform is on.

SplineGod
08-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Ive seen this happen. Finally had to either load the other character into the scene or use iKB to copy the motions over.

monovich
08-01-2008, 02:05 PM
strangely, this is a Quidam generated character that was otherwise working great. I guess I'll post if I get it fixed.

SplineGod
08-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Weve seen it happen a couple of times. The characters worked fine but seemed to sometimes fail to work when loaded from scene.
Its not happened often but when it does I have no idea why.

monovich
08-01-2008, 07:02 PM
I've been trouble shooting this and it looks like there is one object that has nothing to do with the IK/Bones in the scene, but when it is loaded into the scene it breaks/disables the deformations of the main woman. It is totally bizzare!

I started with the working scene of the woman walking and used "load from scene" one object at a time until I hit the object that broke it. The object is a 12 layer object and it looks like layer 7 when imported breaks everything. I may fog this bug when I get time...

monovich
08-01-2008, 07:18 PM
zeroing in here. If I delete the offending object from the scene all deformations go back to normal.

Also, It looks like the offending object had n-gons, and if I triple, the problem also goes away.