PDA

View Full Version : How to make Coffee?

Coffee
07-29-2003, 12:09 PM
Hello out there,

I'm a noobie Lightwave user, using Lightwave 6 @ present and was wondering if there's an easy way to make a decent looking cup of coffee. Well, just the coffee part anyway.

I've seen this really cool plugin you can get which is actually called Coffee! :) but I can't use it :( coz it doesn't wanna work.
Hopefully upgrading to a newer version of LW soon but am impatiant and want to do it now! ;P

Anywho, pleeeease won't somebody help me???

Yours,
Coffee.

garg
07-29-2003, 12:13 PM
not realy simple if you want to have an expresso like coffee (with some bubles, and so on).... try to create a texture map, take references, and have a lot of patience...

Alain Bertrand

meshmaster
07-29-2003, 12:15 PM
so if there's a plugin, then it probably uses script... so does that make it javascript?

mattclary
07-29-2003, 12:16 PM
haha! :)

Coffee
07-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Nice one Garg, thanks for the advice. Thats given me a few ideas to mess with :):)

Although don't suppose there's any way of doing it with gradients @ all?

garg
07-29-2003, 01:28 PM
Sure, if you have LW 7.5c there is the thinkness gradiant, but it will not produce by himself a correct look.

The best way, it's realy to have pictures of a cup of coffe, or a real cup of coffee near you and then play with LW.

Alain

Coffee
07-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Sounds like I definatly need an upgrade :rolleyes: , should hopefully not be too long now though :D

I've just been experimenting with colour & transparancy Texture Map & it's actually not looking too bad :)
There is a problem with the version of LW i have where over lapping pollys cause some ugly outcomes, so the bottom of my mug is white instead of dark brown :(
May need some tweaking.

Well, thanks once again for your help Garg.

Time to have some fun :)

wacom
07-29-2003, 03:53 PM
I read this thread and saw the question about using the Thickness option with a gradient. Almost no mater what I load into Layout and give a Thickness gradient causes Layout to crash when I hit F9! I've tried all sorts of diffrent meshes etc. Has anyone else ran into this? I'm using 7.5c BTW...

Coffee
07-29-2003, 05:36 PM
Coffee anyone?

garg
07-29-2003, 11:26 PM
Coffee:
Good result ! For overlaping poly, you should avoid them as much as possible.

wacom:
It work just fine for me. Remember to use doublesided surfaces (in the texture pannel).

Alain Bertrand

Coffee
07-30-2003, 06:30 AM
I actually ended up cheating a bit by adding a minor offset between the mug and coffee because of the transparancy layer on the coffee ;) I thought it might turn part of the mug transparent otherwise.

The only thing i don't know if how to make it a hot cuppa :(
I'm guessing I should use Hypervoxels but have no idea where to start :rolleyes:

Anyone got any handy tips?