07-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Anyone else with no sound ????

lwsalvatore
07-29-2003, 12:12 PM
No sound here after 2 pm EST. Had sound @ 1pm EST

Lynx3d
07-29-2003, 12:13 PM
Uhm i'm getting sound but no image...maybe we should work together? :D

But i'm still using Media Player 6.something...and i am NOT going to install that junk called Media Palyer 9.
It's enough that XP on my Notebook is infested with it.

Nick
07-29-2003, 12:18 PM
I'm geting sound. but the video is really bad.
like 1 frame/min and I have 10mbit conection

what is going on ?
newtek please make this stuff as a download !

stef
07-29-2003, 12:27 PM
Someone really brilliant decided NOT to use QuickTime so that ALL of us could (not) have video and sound. Great decision, especially for potential Mac buyers who may be discouraged now to invest in a product of a company that does not fully support the Mac platform. Wow!

FrenchW
07-29-2003, 12:33 PM
but, we had sound some time ago...

FrenchW
07-29-2003, 12:34 PM
OK, works fine now. simply stop/play the player while not all OK...
FrenchW

Earl
07-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Stef,

Not using QuickTime does NOT mean they aren't supporting the Mac platform - that's just silly to say that.

=======

I've been watching the stream since it started, and so far it's been flawless. Clear video (at full frames), clear sound, and decent resolution. No hiccups. In fact, I haven't had to buffer since starting the stream. Much better than their past streams!

kevman3d
07-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Dang, it requires Windows Media 9 - I tried, but I'm running 7 and well, after 5 mins of modem madness, I got 2 second burst of audio. That was it.

I gotta go to work - I don't have time to download the 10-20Mb woirth of Media Player update at this time... Ah well, was a good try - Didn't expect my 56k to even get audio anyway! :-)

stef
07-29-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Earl
Stef,

Not using QuickTime does NOT mean they aren't supporting the Mac platform - that's just silly to say that.

Of course, not, - they have been supporting mac platform since OS9 (and did a good job with that clunky Apple system of yore) - but now for a superior OSX are doing it half -a***d and that's the problem. Go to flay and try to donload plug-ins for mac - 95% of them are for intel only. There's a generous Aussie guy out there (Richard Brak) who is doing an incredible job of porting...for free. Don't you think that NT should be engaged in it (or hire Rich) to make a parity between the two platforms a.f.a.p? After all they charge us same price as pc users. I would not complain if the mac version was discounted, since it has less features for same money. This streaming decision, which was not IMO well thought through only exacerbates this conundrum.

Lynx3d
07-29-2003, 01:09 PM
Oh...XP SP comes with MediaPlayer 8 only...looked the same as MP9 i once installed on 2k
hm still have to download. but hey, who cares about a few new spying mechanisms here and there...

milkman
07-29-2003, 01:20 PM
its running fantastic for me, well, its a little rough some times but it seems to always work at the times when i really wanna see something :)

i think its streaming better for me cause i'm on the same coast as where its being streamed from.

Lynx3d
07-29-2003, 01:30 PM
err...nice slideshow, really...
now i don't even get a continous sound.

Quality would be nice, if i'd get a bit more bandwidth :mad:

js33
07-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Running smooth and full screen on a 19" monitor here.
I'm running WM9 and it works great.:D

Cheers,
JS

Aegis
07-29-2003, 02:28 PM
Ditto - 512kbps Cable - getting a nice smooth 29.9 fps here in London on Media Player 9... :D

DaveW
07-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by stef
Of course, not, - they have been supporting mac platform since OS9 (and did a good job with that clunky Apple system of yore) - but now for a superior OSX are doing it half -a***d and that's the problem. Go to flay and try to donload plug-ins for mac - 95% of them are for intel only. There's a generous Aussie guy out there (Richard Brak) who is doing an incredible job of porting...for free. Don't you think that NT should be engaged in it (or hire Rich) to make a parity between the two platforms a.f.a.p? After all they charge us same price as pc users. I would not complain if the mac version was discounted, since it has less features for same money. This streaming decision, which was not IMO well thought through only exacerbates this conundrum.

The plugins at Flay are not developed by Newtek and it's not their responsibility to port every third party plugin to OSX. It sucks for Mac users that hardly any 3rd party developers support the Mac, but it's not NewTeks' fault and there's no reason for them to discount LW because of it.

pblacklock
07-29-2003, 02:46 PM
they should post a short edited version of the stream at their ftp site.

heck with vt3, it should be fairly quick to upload a little something for us that can't get a decent picture. :rolleyes: