PDA

View Full Version : Collection Thread: The best free LW Modeler plugins

SP00
07-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone can share the best free LW modeler plugins with this thread. The idea is to collect free plugin tools that can replace the standard set that comes with LW and set appropriate hotkeys and menu placement for them. The problem is that I don't have the time to hunt them all down and test out which ones is best. So I figure we can do it together as a community with the results shared with everyone. I will try to moderate and keep our findings on track. The first tools I like to explore is the bevel tool. Any ones know of anything free plugins that is superior to the current, bevel, shift, and multi-shift that comes with lightwave?

zapper1998
07-30-2008, 05:49 PM
to many to list...
should ask to load up all the free ones, oh thats right you can go to Flay.com and get em.

SP00
07-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Well, the idea is to find the best ones that would be the best alternative to the standard tools. Flay doesn't give you that indication too well. So posting all the free ones wouldn't help :)

to many to list...

That is why we are starting with the bevel tools.

AdamAvenali
07-30-2008, 06:15 PM
i have found Art's Align and Distribute to be very helpful.

PLG Tools (more specifically plg_make_uv_edit) - well, it's not technically a modeling plug, but it is by far the one i use most. i havent really had any need for anything more than modeler has for my modeling needs.

both are available at flay.

AdamAvenali
07-30-2008, 06:20 PM
oops.. i totally didnt finish reading your thread haha i dont have any info on those types of tools, though the ones i mentioned are worth checking out! :thumbsup:

SP00
07-30-2008, 07:04 PM
oops.. i totally didnt finish reading your thread haha i dont have any info on those types of tools, though the ones i mentioned are worth checking out! :thumbsup:

That is cool, I'll note it when we get to UV mapping :)

SP00
07-30-2008, 07:10 PM
This one looks pretty neat. Has anyone tried it?

C_Bevel 1.40
http://www.pictrix.jp/lw/index_2.html