PDA

View Full Version : Help - New: Does anyone know how to animate button push using a subpatched model

artsy7
07-30-2008, 09:23 AM
HI - I'm still rather new to Lightwave and am working on my first real serious animation. I wanted to have a modeled subpatched character push a box shaped button and have the button come back up when it was released. I have rigged the character with bones and am trying IK boost. Do the buttons get bones too? And do you use dynamics and how? I'm only guessing at how to even begin to approach this....and really have no clue how it would work.
Thanks....for any and all help.
By the way I have searched the tutorials and haven't found any yet.

I am rather new to this forum stuff works so I posted on the LW 9.3 too... I wasn't sure where would be the best place to get help.

SplineGod
07-30-2008, 09:34 AM
You could simply have the button as a seperate object and just animate its movement in and out or use a bone, use a morph, stretch it etc. You have alot of choices. :)

artsy7
07-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Thank you for replying... I was hoping there was a way to program it so it would be limited to a certain amount to go down and that it would spring back up after the character would move its hand. I'm sorry I didn't explain the whole action. It is repeated so I know I can copy key frames, but I was hoping to create a realistic weghted type movement with a spring back. It is solid not rubbery.

Love your work with teaching - You are great! I've caught some of your work through 3D World Mag., and Kurv Studios tutorials. I plan to get some of your videos from Kurv hopefullly in the near future.

SplineGod
07-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks, much appreciated!
You can animate the button and use cyclist to repeat the motion anytime you need it and it will always react the way you created the base animation.