PDA

View Full Version : New and Improved Demo Reel - Now with more honey-nut flavor!

TheDynamo
07-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Complete with rights free music and reduced to a much more economical 60 seconds. I'm liking this one much better :)

-Rob

of course it helps to provide a link: http://www.houghtonmedia.com

Netvudu
07-30-2008, 05:42 AM
Very nice broacast reel. Focused and well-edited....but, no contact info?

TheDynamo
07-30-2008, 09:45 AM
I'll be doing a slight revision to it to add the contact information later when I make a DVD version of it. In the meantime if you feel the desire to contact me, I have all the information on the simple (read: P.O.S) website I have to host it. I hope to revise that website shortly.

The website is the next step for me, I'm going to be doing some layout/slicing and dicing in photoshop next.

Thanks for the compliment and thanks to those folks previously who set me on the path to copyright enlightenment. :)

-Rob

animotion
07-30-2008, 09:56 AM
The music fits nicely, good work.

TheDynamo
07-31-2008, 01:45 PM
It's strange though it has over 104 views and only 2 folks giving feedback. Perhaps I should have done something controversial in there like make a comment on how my dog is so way cooler than a cat. :devil:

-Rob

KurtF
07-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Nicely done Rob. Any tips on integrating Lightwave with After Effects?

I assume you assemble in AE anyway.

Lightwolf
07-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Allright, since you asked for it.

Nice solid reel, well done.

I've only got a technical crit... deinterlace it before encoding it for the web (unfortunately I see that quite often...).

Cheers,
Mike

TheDynamo
07-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the comments! I'm going to update it soon with contact information, I'll run it through a field killer in AE. If anyone has After Effects related questions I have no problem helping out :) I'm still getting the hang of lightwave.

Nicely done Rob. Any tips on integrating Lightwave with After Effects?

I assume you assemble in AE anyway.

One tip I would give out would be to take the time to match the video/color levels of your lightwave output with the video footage you're compositing it with. It's amazing what that little change can do for the realism of something. Ironically much of what I do is something you wouldn't see if it was done right :)

-Rob

ivanze
07-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Very nice reel. :)