PDA

View Full Version : EPS Export w/o Back Face lines.

Wickster
07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
Is there a way, locally or plugin-wise to export an EPS vector file from Lightwave without the back face polys and lines showing up?

I need to create 3D illustrations for our marketing department but they want EPS or Illustrator file outputs so they can freely resize the image incase they need it for tradeshow signages.

Thanks in advance.

Wickster
07-29-2008, 04:56 PM
OK, I've just read Swift3D's product description...any cheaper alternatives to this? :D

Gordonpee
07-30-2008, 12:16 PM
I use the Swift3D plugin for LW quite a bit, and feel it's worth every penny.

Otherwise, you can export and EPS file from Modeler. But you'll have to clean it up (which includes removing the backside of the mesh) in Illustrator.

Gp

Gordonpee
07-30-2008, 07:23 PM
If this helps, I just received an email from Electric Rain about all their Swift3D products 15% off. Promo Code: SUMMER2008

Wickster
08-02-2008, 01:49 PM
thanks, I'm starting to believe that Swift3D maybe the only efficient way to go. Thanks for the Promo Code too hopefully I can save enough money before the promo expires. :)

Silkrooster
08-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Is there any reason why you can not change the shading of the window. Hidden line method should work for you.
Silk

Sekhar
08-06-2008, 07:33 AM
If you're just doing a still, I'd pose/export from Modeler without the grid and shade (LivePaint) in Illustrator. Swift3D is really the only way if you're doing animations.

Note though that if you're going the LW plugin route for Swift3D, there's a bug that renders only one layer in LW 9.3.1/9.5 - E-rain said they were working on it, but no fix so far (may be after 9.5 is GA).