PDA

View Full Version : How do I adjust a Lightwave scene so that it does not *vary* its speed?

Robert C. Lang
07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
I use 3DA Arsenal. Most of the packaged scenes have a constant motion. However, some of the scenes, by design, start slowly and then toward the end of its range it speeds up dramatically. Specifically, the “filmstrip” scene has 10 images. The first 6 images floats across the screen at a leisurely pace, however, beginning with the 7th images the scene picks up the pace to a race.

I know how to speed up or slow down a scene that has a constant speed. This I do in “Scene Editor” How do I adjust a Lightwave scene so that it does not *vary* its speed?

Thank you.

Robert C. Lang

adamredwoods
07-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Hm. I'm not familiar with 3D Arsenal, but I believe it is Lightwave 7.5 repackaged.

In Lightwave, there are different ways to slow things up and down. One way is to use the graph editor to change the interpolation of the end keyframe.

Select your item that you want to slow down. Then activate the graph editor. You'll see lines showing the different positions over time. If these lines are curved, not straight, then that is what is speeding up. (sorry I dont have a screenshot right now).

now you just choose the channel's (position.x, position.y or position.z) end keyframe and change the interpolation to "linear". This should keep your movement constant.

Robert C. Lang
07-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Thanks for alerting me to the Graph Editor. I had dabbled in Surface, Image and Scene Editors but never with Graph. But even after just a few minutes I see where it can be valuable in the future.

However, while it allows me to shift "Camera Positions" in an almost infinite way it does not seem to affect speed, although I will continue to explore the tool.

By the way, I'm using 3DA Arsenal in conjunction with LightWave 8.5 that comes with VT5.

Robert C. Lang
(Across the Bay)