PDA

View Full Version : Geek at play...

starbase1
07-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Just a word of recommendation as a happy customer of Vue stuff from Geek at play... (www.geekatplay.com)

Compared with the cornucopia store, you get massively better value, the quality is great, and it's not got that *!$Ģing drm tieing the models to one copy of the program! Oh, and there are quite a few freebies there as well, which are well worth grabbing.

I've only tried a few of the tutorials so far (and there are dozens in the bundle), but the ones I have tried so far are clear, well focused, and contain valuable simple ways of doing stuff better.

About the only thing I am not so keen on is their download system, as it only lets you trigger one chunk at a time. With the tutorial wads coming in many chunks, this is a bit messy as youy have to keep checking if the last bit has finished, so you can start the next one. (It did not seem to want to play nice with my download manager). While I can certanly accept 1 file at a time, it would be nice to queue the lot up, so I can wake in the morning and find all the new toys waiting for me on my desktop!

Overall though I am very happy to have found this stuff, and it's really renewing my interest in Vue again.

Nick

safetyman
07-30-2008, 05:38 AM
I agree. It's probably the best Vue tutorial site out there.

JMCarrigan
07-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanky for the info!

Verlon
08-05-2008, 11:03 PM
another vote for them..

Most useful tutorials I have seen for Vue.

simonlion
09-28-2009, 03:10 AM
Just a word of recommendation as a happy customer of Vue stuff from Geek at play... (www.geekatplay.com)

Compared with the cornucopia store, you get massively better value, the quality is great, and it's not got that *!$Ģing drm tieing the models to one copy of the program! Oh, and there are quite a few freebies there as well, which are well worth grabbing.

I've only tried a few of the tutorials so far (and there are dozens in the bundle), but the ones I have tried so far are clear, well focused, and contain valuable simple ways of doing stuff better.

About the only thing I am not so keen on is their download system, as it only lets you trigger one chunk at a time. With the tutorial wads coming in many chunks, this is a bit messy as youy have to keep checking if the last bit has finished, so you can start the next one. (It did not seem to want to play nice with my download manager). While I can certanly accept 1 file at a time, it would be nice to queue the lot up, so I can wake in the morning and find all the new toys waiting for me on my desktop!

Overall though I am very happy to have found this stuff, and it's really renewing my interest in Vue again.

Nick I purchased Bunch of Tutorials from Geek, and they are very good, First of all, you can view them, online for free. but since the Tutorials were so inexpensive, I bought them...