PDA

View Full Version : Over my head...

DBMiller
07-28-2008, 06:59 PM
The title says it all. I usually talk myself out of entering contests because I convince myself I can't do as good as everyone else. This time I'm trying but I may have over done it. I can't possibly populate this scene as much as it requires but I'm still working away. Thanks for looking.

DBMiller
07-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Still working...

jasonwestmas
07-29-2008, 10:04 PM
I like the way the lighting feels. Don't loose that :)

DBMiller
07-31-2008, 08:07 PM
It's no prize winner but there are a lot of firsts for me in my animation.
My first animation.
My first entry in a contest.
First use of clip maps, UV maps, envelopes, and particles/hypervoxels in an actual project (not just playing around).
It was really too much work for the 2 weeks (after my full time job) I spent on this project but I learned a lot. Mostly what I learned was how much I need to work on my animation skills. I had an awful time getting a smooth animation that was the way I wanted. (I've really had Lightwave too long to be this bad). Oh well...
Good luck to all.
DBMiller
:lwicon:

John Jordan
08-17-2008, 07:24 AM
Your scene has got its good points! At least you seem to know what you are going for.
I agree, I've had LW a long time too but very little time to work with it.
We gotta keep trying though, right?

DBMiller
08-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Especially since I've got something to build on. I want to populate the scene a bit and add more...anything! Needs work. Getting the motion I wanted was difficult and not entirely successful. Thanks.