PDA

View Full Version : When will 9.5 be out of beta?

pneuma
07-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Tried the 9.3 Demo and have watched alot of of the videos, but haven't actually used anything past the feature limited version as I'd really like to see how FBX will wok out before I buy.

Any chance 9.5 will be ready for Demo anytime soon?

meatycheesyboy
07-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Those who might know an answer to that are likely not at liberty to say.

Sorry.

SP00
07-27-2008, 12:35 PM

Sorry.

If I were to make an educated guess. I would probably figure around Siggraph, just because it would be good marketing.

pneuma
07-27-2008, 03:45 PM

Sorry.

erg...

Chuck Norris Eats Cats

I hope he gets his eyes scratched out...

*Note to self, never invite Chuck Norris over for dinner...

IMI
07-27-2008, 03:53 PM
From what I understand, a Chuck Norris avatar is the antithesis of the ever-popular cat avatar...

Although, reportedly, having a cat avatar somehow improves one's 3D ability, or overall forum wisdom. ;)

meatycheesyboy
07-27-2008, 05:22 PM
I think SP00's answer was probably the best you'll get and is probably a very good guess.

As for Mr. Norris, he was indeed in response to the ever popular cat avatar. If I remember correctly, the cat people were convinced that more cat avatars would make LW 9.31 come out faster. I, never being one to believe in the voodoo power of cats, did not oblige them.

shrox
07-27-2008, 05:54 PM
I posted my border collie's picture. She likes cats. She barked at Chuck Norris once, well, a guy that looked like Chuck Norris. Then he petted her and everything was OK.

Perhaps I will make a gif that alternates between my dog and my cat. Yes, I think that would be best for everyone.

pneuma
07-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I think SP00's answer was probably the best you'll get and is probably a very good guess.

As for Mr. Norris, he was indeed in response to the ever popular cat avatar. If I remember correctly, the cat people were convinced that more cat avatars would make LW 9.31 come out faster. I, never being one to believe in the voodoo power of cats, did not oblige them.

I that case, we should all don cat avatars!

shrox
07-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Cat have nine lives, LW v9.5 coming soon...mmm...any connection?

pneuma
07-27-2008, 08:56 PM

Of course!

I just hope the Cat gods don't shun us in favor of a nice long nap...

Wade
07-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I know I know -

it will be out just a day or two -

before everyone starts asking about.....

9.75... or 10. :devil:

Verlon
07-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Tried the 9.3 Demo and have watched alot of of the videos, but haven't actually used anything past the feature limited version as I'd really like to see how FBX will wok out before I buy.

Any chance 9.5 will be ready for Demo anytime soon?

I believe that Newtek is using more extensive beta testing to try and reduce complaints when the official release rolls out, so its kind of a 'when it is good enough' approach rather than 'by August 12' approach.

Of course, it will never be perfect (or even good enough for the CD to be used for a coaster if you ask some of the less pleasant types), but NT is making (or attempting to make) some big changes to Lightwave, and there are speed bumps to that process.

Siggraph would be a good time. LW10 needs to start developing soon. :) We're all anxiously awaiting that XSI/Maya killer that is like having Pixar AND ILM right out of the box!

I hear that LW10 is finally going to have a slider to make objects more mysterious and a button in layout that will make objects appear twice as big and twice as far away. :devil:

Marvin Miller
07-27-2008, 11:12 PM
I hear that LW10 is finally going to have a slider to make objects more mysterious and a button in layout that will make objects appear twice as big and twice as far away. :devil:

Shh! That was going to be one of our main features, can't have the competition getting a head start on us!

Seriously though, it'll be out when it's out. Can't say more than that. ;)

ShawnStovall
07-27-2008, 11:34 PM

Yeah, it ran out of lives... =P

pneuma
07-29-2008, 06:08 PM
I know I know -

it will be out just a day or two -

before everyone starts asking about.....

9.75... or 10. :devil:

Where are LW9.75 and LW10? How are they coming along?

It was worth a try right?

pneuma
07-29-2008, 06:11 PM
I believe that Newtek is using more extensive beta testing to try and reduce complaints when the official release rolls out, so its kind of a 'when it is good enough' approach rather than 'by August 12' approach.

Of course, it will never be perfect (or even good enough for the CD to be used for a coaster if you ask some of the less pleasant types), but NT is making (or attempting to make) some big changes to Lightwave, and there are speed bumps to that process.

Siggraph would be a good time. LW10 needs to start developing soon. :) We're all anxiously awaiting that XSI/Maya killer that is like having Pixar AND ILM right out of the box!

:lol: See? we're talking about LW10, so it's time to release 9.5! :)