PDA

View Full Version : Cycle between selected points

hub73
07-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi !

Is there a shortcut to cycle between selected points in the case that they are exactly as the same location x,y,z ? (you know two points at the same position after use unweld ... and you must select only one to move it!)

I know that you could use the 'info' button and deselect, but i'm searching a better way to do this quickly !

Thanks lw gurus !

(lw 9.3.1).

ericsmith
07-25-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure if this will work for your specific situation, but you could try going into poly mode, select just one of the polys, and then use the drag tool.

I'm not sure if I made that clear enough. Here's and example:

Let's say you have a grid of polys two wide by five vertically. You want to unweld vertically down the middle, and seperate the points down that centerline.

Select the points down the middle and unweld. Then, select just the strip of polys on the right, and using the drag tool, drag the points in the center away from their current position. Because the left polys aren't selected, the points on that side won't move.

Eric

hub73
07-25-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure if this will work for your specific situation, but you could try going into poly mode, select just one of the polys, and then use the drag tool.

Yes ! Thanks Eric !

meatycheesyboy
07-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Or you could selec your two points and then press 'i' to bring up the info panel. From the info panel you can select the points one at a time, you can also see things like their exact coordinates and any maps that are associated with them.