PDA

View Full Version : Pinout for 15-way SX-8 cables

mikehyde
07-29-2003, 05:09 AM
Hello,

I am planning a studio installation of a VT system with the SX-8 breakout. I think I will need to make up some slightly longer cables to run between the PC and the SX-8.

Does anyone have the pinouts and technical requirements for these cables? Is there a stated maximum length?

Thanks,
Mike

jbcaro
07-29-2003, 07:21 AM
I understand that they are standard shielded 15 pin VGA cables. VT[2] manual states that lengths of 6' and 10' have been tested but other users have stated the use of lenghts to 15'.

-jbcaro-

mikehyde
07-29-2003, 07:29 AM
Great, thanks.

I reckon 12' should do it for this installation.

There are just 3 of these cables, right? Nothing else?

PIZAZZ
07-29-2003, 07:37 AM
Of course you will need audio also.

I would HIGHLY recommend you purchasing your cables and NOT building them.

15' is pretty much the max length without the possibility of interference.

ALSO make sure you buy cables with a ferite core.

Contact me if you need help finding them.

Jef
PIZAZZ

mikehyde
07-29-2003, 09:00 AM
Ahh, audio.

Are these RCA connections? How many?

Is there not a place where I can get a complete run down of the tech spec required?

Thanks for all the tips. I work with a professional wiring installer, and the cables he builds are normally much higher quality than purchased ones. Last studio we installed, there was a problem with long runs of SVGA signal using pruchased cables. In the end we hand built them using Van Damme pro TV camera cable, and problem was removed.

tonsofpcs
08-28-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by mikehyde
Ahh, audio.

Are these RCA connections? How many?

Is there not a place where I can get a complete run down of the tech spec required?

Thanks for all the tips. I work with a professional wiring installer, and the cables he builds are normally much higher quality than purchased ones. Last studio we installed, there was a problem with long runs of SVGA signal using pruchased cables. In the end we hand built them using Van Damme pro TV camera cable, and problem was removed.

just use a vga extension [male - female] cable on the sx-8 bob end, this should work, if you need more shielding, you can duct tape the connection and wrap that with foil, then duct tape that :p