PDA

View Full Version : how can I create large planets without it disappearing out of the grid?

virtualcomposer
07-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Hey everyone,
How can I create large planets without it disappearing out of the grid? I've increased and decreased the grid size and it seems like when I make my planets any bigger then 300m, I can't see the planet anymore. I have increased and decreased grid size, pulled the camera out as far as I can and still, the planets or any large object seems to disappear. I never had this problem with Lightwave 8.3 but now that I have 9.3.1, large objects seem to be impossible. Is there a preference setting that I'm missing?

eFFeFFe
07-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Can't you see them anymore in your render or in the viewports ? ...

If they seem to dissappear from the viewports, maybe try tweaking the "fixed near clip distance" setting. You find this in the Display tab of the preference window.

Mules,

safetyman
07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
That might work. I tried to re-create our solar system with actual distances without much luck. I had to cut the scale way down in order to get anything worth showing.

virtualcomposer
07-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Hey eFFeFFe I think that did the trick!! I had a feeling that it was something as simple as a setting. Thanks for the reply.