PDA

View Full Version : F-Prime and motion blur!!

sean hargreaves
07-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey guys,

Does F-Prime not render motion blur??

MooseDog
07-21-2008, 09:20 PM
it's! in! the! manual!

F!Prime!Manual! (http://www.worley.com/E/Products/fprime/man_rendering.html)

confusingly presented in english:help:

sean hargreaves
07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Im glad we have a forum here to ask questions.............

MooseDog
07-21-2008, 10:09 PM
:D

QnA (http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/LWFAQ/Smart_Q_01.html)

Before You Ask

Before asking a technical question by email, or in a newsgroup, or on a website chat board, do the following:

Try to find an answer by reading the manual.

Try to find an answer by reading the FAQ's.

Try to find an answer by searching the Web.

Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.

When you ask your question, display the fact that you have done these things first; this will help establish that you're not being a lazy sponge and wasting people's time. Better yet, display what you have learned from doing these things. We like answering questions for people who have demonstrated that they can learn from the answers.

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all. The more you do to demonstrate that you have put thought and effort into solving your problem before asking for help, the more likely you are to actually get help.

Beware of asking the wrong question. If you ask one that is based on faulty assumptions, J. Random Animator is quite likely to reply with a uselessly literal answer while thinking "Stupid question...", and hoping that the experience of getting what you asked for rather than what you needed will teach you a lesson.

Never assume you are entitled to an answer. You are not; you aren't, after all, paying for the service. You will earn an answer, if you earn it, by asking a question that is substantial, interesting, and thought-provoking one that implicitly contributes to the experience of the community rather than merely passively demanding knowledge from others.

On the other hand, making it clear that you are able and willing to help in the process of developing the solution is a very good start. "Can someone provide a pointer?", "What is my example missing?" and "Is there a site I should have checked?" are more likely to get answered than "Please post the exact procedure I should use." because you're making it clear that you're truly willing to complete the process if someone can simply point you in the right direction.

lots of other questions answered on this wonderful page as well.

cheers :beerchug:

sean hargreaves
07-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Did you say something Moosedog?

I think you mistakenly read my e-mail..........a nice message asking a straightforward question, but it appears it was'nt for you, it was for helpful people to answer it. But don't worry, it was answered by someone else.

MooseDog
07-22-2008, 12:12 AM
..........a nice message asking a straightforward question.....

:agree:, absolutely! 100%. preaching to the choir :D.

an honest, cheerful, sincere question....that demonstrates either:

an inability or refusal to

Try to find an answer by reading the manual.

and

Try to find an answer by reading the FAQ's.

and

Try to find an answer by searching the Web.

sorta like asking...............

FPRime alpha layer.....where is it?

How do I get FPrime into LW?

Fprime, just downloaded it, how do I get it into LW?

New polygon is dark, why?

Adding a point to a spline!

Saving renders-what to save as??

Band saw won't go around corners?

Ies??

Spline patch?

clipping!

Sub-surface scattering!

Skytracer!

Texture templates!

Ground go away!

Edge loop?

:hat:

sean hargreaves
07-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Yaaawwnnnnn.............

Sniff........sniffff.........ooohhhh thats smelly............Moosepig, are you still here???

Actually, for the record, I never asked about Skytracer, I condemned it..........so pin that to your collar!!! :D

sean hargreaves
07-22-2008, 10:20 AM
...and, you don't have to be nasty about my questioning just because you don't want to answer it. You also don't have to read my threads. And you also don't have to be part of this forum.

I've read my share of manuals, but there are stages, like this past week, where I need 1) a break from manual reading, and 2) answers quick.

No one has to answer my questions, but there have been a lot that have, and I've always thanked people for it. I never take anyone on these forums for granted, as I've learned a bundle here.

So, lets end it at that, please stop attacking me. If you look at any of my image posts you'll see I am trying, and I am making headway.

Thanks!

MooseDog
07-22-2008, 11:08 AM
...and, you don't have to be nasty about my questioning just because you don't want to answer it. You also don't have to read my threads. And you also don't have to be part of this forum.

I've read my share of manuals, but there are stages, like this past week, where I need 1) a break from manual reading, and 2) answers quick.

No one has to answer my questions, but there have been a lot that have, and I've always thanked people for it. I never take anyone on these forums for granted, as I've learned a bundle here.

So, lets end it at that, please stop attacking me. If you look at any of my image posts you'll see I am trying, and I am making headway.

Thanks!

done and :agree:.

i know i'm paraphrasing, but i'm certain of the author: it was mark twain who once wrote that one of the highest aspirations of man is the skill and ability to agree to disagree, and down a few pints over it :beerchug:. i'm far! from perfect, but i know what to aspire to :).

cheers

-robin

CC Rider
07-22-2008, 11:45 AM
There now...
Isn't that better?
I love it when we all play nice!

:D