PDA

View Full Version : Sky Eater

novawave
07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
hi everybody..
wanna try the contest too here...
well..OMG just looking around.. and not even know if my works good enough for such level LOL but nothing wrong with trying isn'it..

so here you go..been playing with hard body modelling and morph mixer(oh thank you Mr W again for your pointing out those tiny button under the bottom right o screen that really have HUUUGE power...
i even just realize it was there all the time, that M button..as Mr W said: doing an animation without an animation with Morph):stumped:

its a sky eater..yeah.. actually i really want her to suck the sky LOL, but 15 secon ohhhhhh...so here it is..(ETA 240 hours)
comment really apreciated...

Subdivmaniac
07-21-2008, 01:23 AM
wow... great monster! By the way,.... did you say her?.. so the monster is female?
can't wait to see your animation!....
cepet banget, dah sampe texture!
Keep it up, bro! :)

novawave
07-21-2008, 01:40 AM
oh am really sorry.. am forget to mention that "sample dari mima" zip file are actually a wmv movie file:) its 2.33 MB with super lower quality LOL..

i;ve made her an animation(so yeah this thing's is a girl,. just a 50 feet tall one)
so check it out...thank you...

Subdivmaniac
07-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Ahh,.... sorry,... i missed that zip file! :D
Good animation! You model the city as well?... cool!

archijam
07-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Very nice!
Love the crumpled effect on the texture, but it loses it's effectiveness a little (IMHO) when applied over everything evenly perhaps a few details being sharp, smooth and precise would make the whole composition work even better. Keep it up!

Darth Mole
07-21-2008, 03:50 AM
Nothing says 'LightWave' more than that Crumple procedural! Would much prefer to see a dedicated bump map texture of your own devising. Or at least mix and match Crumple with other procedural layers (noise, etc) to hide it a bit.

novawave
07-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Hei Everybody

in this update i've fix her texture..as Mr Archi and Mr DM :agree:said i was to stingy with her crumple texture..so i add some metal exoskeleton around her bosyparts edge..so that crumple not so dominant...

btw i've made her a tranformation movie..she will change from a giant smoke (using LW native HV) meatball into a big fat meanie girl LOL

btw check out the animation movie i upload (test movie sky eater3.mov 553 kb only heee)..
not the final but already shown the transformation, the city where she live and her cute soundLOL ..

another suggestion please... a wee bit headache here about her story:D
15 second oufghh

Costanel
07-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Looks cool, but could use some work to loose the "Procedural" feeling.

How about some dirt occlusion?
And perhaps some textures in stead of procedurals(or combined)?
It looks like a magical creature, have you tried putting a pointlight in it's throat to give it more a magical feeling?

Is the creature inspired by the Final Fantasy games by any chance? Looks a lot like some versions of Bahamut. :D

Great animation, but I would recommend to move the arms more to the back when it screams, to give it more power.

Keep up the good work!

Dodgy
07-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Needs more polys! You should be using sub-ds for this, get some nice smooth surfaces in there....

dwburman
07-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Yup, more polys to smooth out the the parts that should be smooth but are faceted.

In the last animation: The ball in the air and suddenly stops spinning. You need to ease into the stopped position. You probably need to play with the timing overall, perhaps keep it spinning a little longer. Think of gravity and inertia.... at some point the magic loses power and real world physics take over.

I like the camera move, but some might say you should make it look more hand held... I suppose that depends on the character who is shooting the video.

She might look more massive if you slow things down a bit (or just cut to a slow-motion shot).

Keep up the good work.

novawave
07-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Hei everybody, many-many thanks for the suggestion:),..

as everybody said, my model are lack of polys and texture are way to stingy, so on this update.. i add more polys and subd(oh my... i just reach 1.3 million polys on her... how in the world i could render this;D), and tweak the texture.... so now i've reduced the crumple texture and give it some glossy parts of it, but yeah..i still want that crumple shown up cuz' i want her to look like a dirty poluted monster anyway..)

to Mr Costanel..guess you're right , it looks like kind of Bahamut(i just realize that when you say so LOL)but the first time i made a concept about her, i want to get some shape combination of IGUANAZILA(American GODZILLA!) and Sigourney weaver's ALIEN:), but it turns out to be a monster that looks like a bahamut LOL(weird cuz' last time i play FF series are 2 years ago)...i guess this kind of shape are common this day LOL

anyway... bahamut cant transform from a Giant smoke meatball isn't he??huhu

And Mr Dw, thank you for your tips,.. but i just cant manage to simulate the inertia on this update, when am playing with the animation curve, some weird movement happened(some are too fast and others moving like a heavy crash LOL, as the transformation morph needs to readjust because the time have shifted a bit;D ) i guess this last day will be a super haaaarrrrrrd day hieee

thank you again everybody...

Eugeny
07-28-2008, 09:17 AM
I'll suggest u to make the scene/lighting more evening like, so the beams/lightnings/glows will be more visible. Also this will help u to bring attention to the monster and not to the environment (which is quite low poly). Keep it up :thumbsup:

bobakabob
07-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Very original design and concept - love it!