PDA

View Full Version : How do I copy properties from one clip to another?

Exception
07-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Someone might know this....
I have a movie clip I have given quite a few color corrections. I have a still image I need to have exactly the same corrections. Right-clicking on the clip and say 'copy properties' and paste them on the still does not exist.

So I tried a clumsy workaround: make a copy of the clip and drag the still over it with 'Inherit'. No go, the color settings were not copied.

How do I achieve this without manually inputting all those values?

SBowie
07-20-2008, 04:32 PM
I don't think you can transfer properties between a clip and a still with Inherit - however a Toolshed preset would likely do the trick.

Exception
07-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Is there a way to do that without having to click on a lot of things and taking a lot of time?

Last time I tried using the toolshed to make a preset it took quite some effort. The manual is not very helpful at this point.

SBowie
07-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Select a clip, hit F10, Click User Splines, click New, enter name, press Enter.

Exception
07-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Select a clip, hit F10, Click User Splines, click New, enter name, press Enter.

Works great, although on my system it's F9.
Thanks!

SBowie
07-21-2008, 04:50 AM
Absolutely right, my mistake. It's F9, sorry (I always confuse that, since F9 is permanently glued to "Render preview" in my mind.)

mvansomeren
07-21-2008, 08:41 AM
As an alternate method, you can also highlight the video with the color corrections, go to the Tool Shed and select Video/Match Color. Click learn. Now highlight the video or still you want to correct and click on perform.