PDA

View Full Version : No Audio from SX-84 with XLRs

jhogarty
07-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi,

I'm hoping that there is something I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get any audio when I use any of the four Audio In XLR connections.

I'm using a Sennnheiser MD 46 mic and have tried connecting it to all four of the Audio In XLRs.

I do get audio from my DDRs and I've also plugged in an iPod to Line 3 Audio In using RCA jacks.

Did I miss something obvious or is it possible I need to have the SX serviced?

Thanks,

John..

Tod Cole
07-20-2008, 04:13 PM
what version of vt are you using? I would check the audio out in the Control Panel of windows. There are options in the Audio and Recording section of windows. I dont know what all you are using with your VT but thats a good start. Do you have other inputs showing in the VT audio module when it opens?
Tod

jhogarty
07-20-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm using VT5 on Windows XP. I was able to get sound out of 1R, 2L, and 2R XLR Audio Inputs. I had forgotten to turn the gain up on those 3. But 1L is still not working so I think there might be something wrong with that input.

Unless there is a config setting I'm missing somewhere.

J.

Tod Cole
07-20-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm using VT5 on Windows XP. I was able to get sound out of 1R, 2L, and 2R XLR Audio Inputs. I had forgotten to turn the gain up on those 3. But 1L is still not working so I think there might be something wrong with that input.

Unless there is a config setting I'm missing somewhere.

J.

that does sound wrong. Try to make positive the card is seated. in the past I have ran into those mini plugs in the back being not all the way pluged in. always feel like a fool when i check tons of things and find the minipin is 1/4 out.
good luck
tod

jhogarty
07-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Tod. I'll replug all four of the cables that go from the Toaster Card to the SX-84 and see if that works. If not, guess I need to see if Newtek can take a look at it. I tested all the Audio In jacks, both XLR and RCA, and so far only the 1L is not working.

J.