PDA

View Full Version : Contest of monumental Ancient Medieval Asian Historical Architecture !

bsm3d
07-18-2008, 02:48 PM
http://www.tdt3d.com/contest/Archviz08/TDT3D_Archi_2008_Logo_small.jpg

Great contest of monumental Ancient and/or Medieval Asian Historical Architecture !

The goal of this contest is to promote the wonders of the Ancient and/or Medieval Asian Historical Architecture ! Like historical reconstitutions, Angkor city, Matsumoto castle, Hiroshima castle, Tandrok monastery,... your project must be based on an existing or has existed architecture, your are free to add some personnal creativity but you must keep original context and history !

Realise A3 format 150 dpi JPEG image or a 3D realtime visit of the project of your choice by respecting some points :

* You must be TDT3D registered member.
* Your project must be individual (not a team or company project)
* Only one registration by person and an image which had never been published before in others contests !
* Must be based on a original architecture (Interior or Exterior) interpretation, existing or has exist before.
* The model must be in 3D and the environment coud be a matte painting, 2D, compositing, ...
* Your project could'nt be commercial, this is an interpretation in which we could find the original autor/source(s) of the project if necessary !

This contest is sponsored by Newtek-Europe.

Contest ending on 2008-09-01

http://www.tdt3d.com/articles_viewer.php?art_id=118

SP00
07-18-2008, 07:35 PM
looks like a nice competition, wish I knew about this earlier.

shrox
07-18-2008, 11:14 PM
looks like a nice competition, wish I knew about this earlier.

Really, I do too. I might have done Solomon's temple, or the Colossus of Rhodes.

bsm3d
07-19-2008, 03:09 AM
Hello,

Yes, you are right the announce here must was made earlier, that's why we add 1 month more to the deadline.

As we are in the middle of Jully you have 1 month and 2 weeks for this contest. I know it's short delay for some big project but maybe interresting as there is a lots of prizes to win.

Contest deadline are 01-09-2008.

Good luck to all who are in the contest ;),
Ben.

shrox
07-19-2008, 03:38 AM
Hello,

Yes, you are right the announce here must was made earlier, that's why we add 1 month more to the deadline.

As we are in the middle of Jully you have 1 month and 2 weeks for this contest. I know it's short delay for some big project but maybe interresting as there is a lots of prizes to win.

Contest deadline are 01-09-2008.

Good luck to all who are in the contest ;),
Ben.

July 19 to August 1st is only 12 days. I could do it, I just have work to do first.

Does the entry model have to be Asian in location?

bsm3d
07-19-2008, 03:39 AM
:-) yes 1 month and 12 days.

shrox
07-19-2008, 03:59 AM
:-) yes 1 month and 12 days.

Doh, my mistake. I was thinking 9 would be August.

By the way, in America, (California anyway) 01-09-08 means January 9th, 2008!

I wish the world would pick one format or the other and stick with it.

And I do understand and use metric.

tribbles
07-19-2008, 05:28 AM
I always try to use the ISO format - YYYY-MM-DD - since:

a) There's no confusion
b) It sorts easily
c) Apart from Finland (IIRC), it's not in use, so no-one can say "Our system is better than yours" :)

shrox
07-19-2008, 05:33 AM
I always try to use the ISO format - YYYY-MM-DD - since:

a) There's no confusion
b) It sorts easily
c) Apart from Finland (IIRC), it's not in use, so no-one can say "Our system is better than yours" :)

It can still be confusing to those that don't know it (most people probably, it makes sense to me though, but I write MM-DD-YYYY on my checks).

archijam
07-20-2008, 03:32 PM
... it also makes sense naming files .. always in order.

I hope Andy has been working on this comp since he got the heads up months ago .. he OWNS the subject ... go Andy! :thumbsup: