PDA

View Full Version : polygon removal question

TJ Graphics
07-18-2008, 12:25 PM
I was wondering if anybody knew of a way or a plugin to remove unseen polygons from the inside of a cluster? For instance, if I want to make, say, a rice krispie bar. I have a rectangular shaped block of points and a single rice krispie and run point clone plus, it would make a good looking bar. But if I want to remove the polygons on the inside of the bar that are not seen, aside from manually selecting all of the outside polygons, is there a way or plugin that will remove excess polygons and merge overlapping points to make a more efficiently renderible bar?

Thanks!:bowdown:

Giacomo99
07-18-2008, 01:08 PM
It's hard to answer your question without seeing the specifics (like a render or screen cap)--you might be able to get away with using the Boolean "Union" or "Subtract" tool to remove a lot of the interior detail.

FYI: If I were creating a rice-krispie bar, I'd use a displacement map rather than trying to model the actual geometry.

RollerJesus
07-18-2008, 01:15 PM
For that I would just make a selection in the perspective window so only visible polys would be selected, cut them, deleted what's left and paste back.

Giacomo99
07-18-2008, 01:18 PM
For that I would just make a selection in the perspective window so only visible polys would be selected, cut them, deleted what's left and paste back.

Oh, good idea. Be sure to do it in a "shaded" mode so only the visible polys will be picked.

RollerJesus
07-18-2008, 01:25 PM
ah yes, shaded mode only.

SplineGod
07-19-2008, 02:40 AM
Make a box slightly smaller then your cluster and boolean out the inside.