PDA

View Full Version : Robots!

sean hargreaves
07-18-2008, 10:56 AM
My first attempt at sud'd modelling. All box modelled!

Comments welcome!

CMT
07-18-2008, 11:47 AM
I really like the design of the robots for the most part. Something about the chest bothers me slightly. Maybe the square shape bevel in the chest seems a bit too thick or something. I dunno, but the overall design is really cool. I can tell sort of that box modeling was used for this. And that's not a bad thing at all. For this, it's actually a good thing because like a good piece of graphic design, the elements and detail conform to an underlying grid. It's most apparent on the head which has a great structure to it.

I do think something else should be done with the feet, though. They just look like shoes - robot loafers. :) But the hands are very simple and very cool.

sean hargreaves
07-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks CMT,

I had a heck of a time with the feet, and yes, they look a little loaferish. I did'nt want to make clunky feet. But, I think what would help it making the black part on the top much smaller.

Tippsy
07-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Wow those are sweet could you show more views and maybe even a wire frame. I really like the design especially the fingers those are really sweet!!

sean hargreaves
07-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I actually hav'nt finished rendering it yet. This was an F-Prime grab. Its almost done, then I'll post the wires.

Thanks for the comments! :thumbsup: