PDA

View Full Version : Adjust the speed of one object.

Wilfrick
07-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi,
I have a problem with motion.
I have a car, goes on the street and make a lot of "turns".
I create the motion from a path in modeler.
The positions are all ok, but of course the speed is never the same, sometimes fast and sometimes slow. I want always the same speed.
In polk there is the speed limiter, but it break all the positions in x y z.
I can move all the keyframes to get the "same" speed, but it is very hard and sure sure I will not have a good motion.
Do you know if there is any plug or function that can adjust the speed? (maybe moving the keys in time or create other motion).

Thankyou for help
Bye

WilliamVaughan
07-19-2008, 03:55 PM
be sure to check your Speed and Velocity curves in the Graph Editor.... they can be amazingly helpful when trying to adjust your curves to make sure you gte a constant speed.

zardoz
07-19-2008, 05:12 PM
in his thread I asked the same
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85875
UnCommonGrafx gave me the answer I needed but I think that we could have a parameter for speed...that would make things easier.

Wilfrick
07-20-2008, 02:19 AM
Ty.

for now I resolved making this:

in modeler I copy the first point of path in second layer, make polygon and rail clone on path with uniform lenght. From all these points at the same distance each to other I create a new path. Comvert in motion and in layout now I have a motionpath with regular speed from begin to the end. Need only to scale the time like I want and all is ok.

In any case I go to look "UnCommonGrafx" to take info.

Bye to all and ty.