PDA

View Full Version : MPEG2 Multiplex

Town Manager
07-15-2008, 04:05 PM
We're a community access government TV channel. We just recorded a 2 1/2 hour meeting. Our TV server plays MPEG2 files. I can't play multiplex files.

Using the TriCaster Pro I have an opening segment and closing credits, etc. The file should be ready to upload to the TV server as soon as the meeting ends. But with a multiplexed file I now need to open the edit window and render the audio and video files into one MPEG2 file. It took 5 hours to render the files. Slower than real time. Not a good thing.

An option is to move the files to video editing workstation and use Premier Pro to create the file. Also not good.

I would like the option of selecting a non-multiplex MPEG2 file.

Paul Lara
07-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks.
As Andrew replied in the other thread, a more friendly MPEG-2 record format is being developed for TriCaster.

Quiet1onTheSet
07-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks.
As Andrew replied in the other thread, a more friendly MPEG-2 record format is being developed for TriCaster.

How 'bout creating a RECORD button function that graphically "toggles", permitting the 2.0 user to record either of two formats from LIVE Production panel?

MPEG2-I
Record

AVI w/Alpha
Record

Q1

MCTrekker
08-11-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm not getting this multiplexed thing... we have a Tightrope Media Systems VS4 server that plays to air MPEG2 files encoded through a Vela hardware encoder.

Am I reading that there's a different "flavor" of MPEG2 that the Tricaster Studio 2.0 records, that our playback system may not recognize?

The last thing I would want would be to have to transcode a long MPEG2 file into another MPEG2 that our system could read.

Thank you,

Tom Hanson

MCTrekker
08-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Also, can anyone confirm that support for .avi recording was dropped with TCS v2.0?

Thank you,

Tom Hanson

ted
08-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Tom, you are corect. The .avi option was removed with 2.0.

As for, will the new MPEG 2 work with your workflow, like with any codec and software/hardware, the only way to be 100% sure is to do a test recording and try it before you get to a paid gig. There are just too many variables to believe a solid Yes or No.
I wish you luck.

Quiet1onTheSet
08-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Tom, you are corect. The .avi option was removed with 2.0.

As for, will the new MPEG 2 work with your workflow, like with any codec and software/hardware, the only way to be 100% sure is to do a test recording and try it before you get to a paid gig. There are just too many variables to believe a solid Yes or No.
I wish you luck.

I'm really gonna' miss the AVI Type SpeedHQ from the Record Panel, if its sun is really setting...

Q1
Long Live the AVI 4:2:2!
:rolleyes: