PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What Mouseware version you're using?

-wT-
02-23-2003, 11:08 AM
...just for you Logitech Mouse -owners.
I've now replaced my new mouse and keyboard with the old ones and my LW's STILL totally unusable, I think the problem is in my Mouseware, so everybody just say what version of Mouseware you're using i.e. 9.00, 9.75, and if LW works flawlessly with it (And if there was any problems when updating to that version you're now using).
No need to say anything if you're not using MW ;)

Thank you!

Red_Oddity
02-24-2003, 04:59 AM
My mouse and keyboard always work properly, whether i install MouseWare or not...
Seems more like something with the settings in Windows itsself rather than a MouseWare problem (Logitech mouses should work even without the stupid MouseWare).

da_duke
02-24-2003, 06:11 AM
i've updated my mouseware to 975 after i read this would solve some problems with opera 7 and my lightwave was unusable (mouse extremely slow) so i switched back to 973. i read something about this behavior on a maya forum too. strange thing, it seems only 3d (maybe opengl) applications are affected.

-wT-
02-24-2003, 06:35 AM
.Red_Oddity: Well yes the mouse works without Mouseware, but as you can't change the button assigments without the MW drivers, it's not much better not to use any drivers at all

da_duke: So you got the exact same problems as I've described in this (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?threadid=757) thread, when you installed 9.75?
Hmm, the only other drivers I have are 9.00 which is obviosly too old, and the 9.71 which came with the mouse, but 9.71 seems to be quite buggy and different... Where did you download the 9.73 drivers? And if it came in the CD with your mouse, any chance that you could maybe upload it somewhere or send it to my email?

And I'd still like to get more info on what drivers people are using?
Edit: Oh and if people've had problems when installing the 9.75? I have to install 9.71 and then 9.75 ontop of those to get even Windows to start, otherwise it'll just BSOD me if my mouse's plugged in.

TerryFord
02-24-2003, 11:10 AM
To quote myself from another thread;

Originally posted by TerryFord
Google Groups search to the rescue; aparently the latest Logitech mouse drivers disable emec.exe (it handles the button mapping) in opengl32 apps, so the extra buttons are unavailabe in loads of games and 3D softs. Smart.

Solution; use older 9.73 drivers, Shift+Ctrl seem to be mutually exclusive though so I still have to drag two whole fingers over to the keyboard to get context menus :).

Regards,
Terry

drivers available here;
ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/

Regards,
Terry

Matt
02-24-2003, 12:14 PM
Using a Logitech MX500 mouse with:

Control Center : 9.75.302
Mouse Driver : 9.75

Everything seems to work fine, I do have the occasional pointer 'wobble', not sure if that's due to it being an 800 DPI mouse.

Oh and some software (VectorWorks) doesn't seem to recognise the mouse speed I've set, it insists on being at the same speed all the time, but not the one I've set though!

LW seems fine though.

-wT-
02-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by TerryFord
To quote myself from another thread;

drivers available here;
ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/

Regards,
Terry

Ooooh! Sounds nice, gotta try as soon as I can.

-wT-
02-25-2003, 07:28 AM
Amazing... the 9.73 driver fixed every single problem I've had with this damn mouse :eek:
Thank you so dam much Terry! :)

I should've Googled to those Google Groups at the first place, all BSOD messages and such are usually explained there, but this time I just Googled the net... oh well :)

BOLL
02-25-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Matt
Everything seems to work fine, I do have the occasional pointer 'wobble', not sure if that's due to it being an 800 DPI mouse.

Hmm... I read a guide on fragbite where they say the mouse is initially set to 400 dpi. You can set it in the register.

Just search for 'opticalmouse' and look for resolution.

On my computer it's in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/ControlSet001/Services/LMouFlt2/Parameters/OpticalMouse12/0000

Resolution is initially set to 4, it can be set to 8. (I don't know why it's on 4, seems stupid :confused: ).

I also got the problem in Lightwave and various other OpenGL software, I'll install the older drivers! (YESS!!! A solution!!)

[edit]

The problem with setting the DPI higher is that the sens gets lower. Now I have max sens ant it's still too low, so I'll have to lower the dpi anyways.

The sens is adjustable in the register too, but If I set it higher than 100 it sets it down to 100 again :(
Oh, and I use no acceleration :|

[edit2]

Link to some stuff that could be usefull... (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=support/products/document&CRID=307&contentid=4619&contentid2=5042&showalldocuments=0&countryid=12&languageid=1)

Calamari
05-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Just in case people are still having mouse speed problems, here's a solution from Slope in another thread (search for "mouseware" in the forums for the original post):

"I just solved the problem - I downloaded the latest MouseWare from Logitech.com, version 9.76 and installed it. There is a new option in the MouseWare configuration window: "activate mouse acceleration in games". If I deactivate it, I experience the same mouse acceleration in Lightwave as in Windows itself.

I just wanted to post it, possilby another one has the same problem."

Calamari