PDA

View Full Version : DVE Creation Help

ary1worldgrw
07-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi, Friends i m new in this forum and also in VT, i m News Editor in a News channel, since 2 months ago my channel decided to work me in VT and asked me to make a DVE (Two Window Transition) for Live Coverage. i learnt by book that came with VT4 and found that aura is easy to make this kind of DVE. i tried to learn about making DVE in aura, i also made a DVE that is Dissolve DVE ... but my main desired DVE is not completed i tried different ways to make two window DVE .........but i tired...plz someone help me to guide me how can i make this........
i used to CG Designer for live coverage jacket that is following:
http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aaaavm7.png
then i make 2 black solid layers in adobe after effect then animate them as scale down, 1st to right and other to left and export one by one not a merge layered movie as transparent. in i open aura and open these two transparent movies in the time line and then after merging them i export to a .dve extension file. this file is not working in switcher how can i make it plz...help me guys i m so disturb about my job......
or tell me how the 8000_comprs DVEs are created...actually if i know about the creation of any compres DVE creation i can solve my problem.

hruffin3
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
the dve creation kit is included on the vt[4] install cd - it uses a lightwave scene and has special backgrounds and a specific set of instructions to setup, render , and convert the scene to a dve, and create an icon for the DVE too.

in aura you could probably get a compression by using the Keyframer to change the size of the video layer over the length of the transition. setup the compressions parameters as keyframed movement (set initial size and position - keyframe - move to end set final size and location - keyframe that), then select that, and apply the Keyframer Filter and then use that as the layer for the DVE.

ary1worldgrw
07-14-2008, 02:26 PM
thanx for replaying me...dear i want to make my two windows transition in aura, is it possible...?

ary1worldgrw
07-14-2008, 02:28 PM
i dont know to use Light wave software but i can work in aura....plz help me...will u plz tell me that how 8000_comprs DVE are created....?....

billmi
07-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Aura can only create dissolve DVEs, it can not create DVEs that warp or resize the video.

LightWave can create DVEs that resize and warp the video - but it can only warp or resize one source at a time - the other source must remain full-screen.

So there are a few ways you could tackle your problem:

1 - use a vertical wipe DVE that's already in VT4 to split the screen between your video sources, and line up the cameras so they align with your graphic, which is overlaid with the DSK - the problem with that is there is no clean way to get in and out of it while in live production.

2 - Upgrade to VT[5] and use a live set.

There is already a double-box live set, I believe. IF not it is possible to create them in Aura, and a Live set can scale and warp two streams of video at the same time.

ary1worldgrw
07-28-2008, 08:46 AM
thanx dear brother....plz tell me, i officiely perchased VT4 with all accessorries with all DVDs. can i upgrade and use VT5 software with VT4 tools and cards....?

billmi
07-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Yes, the upgrade from VT[4] to VT[5] is software only.

ary1worldgrw
07-28-2008, 03:55 PM
is there any way to download VT5 software. actually i found VT4.6 from newtek site.... i found from different ways...like torrents and rapidshare but not successful.....plz help me

SBowie
07-28-2008, 06:06 PM
No.

PIZAZZ
07-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Did he really just ask on a company's website forum if the software is available on a torrent?

Quiet1onTheSet
07-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Did he really just ask on a company's website forum if the software is available on a torrent?Must admit, I read that post several times over, just to be sure I was interpreting it contextually.

(To be candid, I'm utterly fearful to ask just what news channel our inquisitive friend is working for.)

Q1
8~

ary1worldgrw
07-29-2008, 12:56 PM
sorry guys..... ok can i update and download it from newtek software by showing our registration.....

jhogarty
07-29-2008, 01:18 PM
sorry guys..... ok can i update and download it from newtek software by showing our registration.....

Giving you the benefit of the doubt in that maybe English is not your primary language. Mentioning that you tried to get the software off torrent sites probably won't be taken too favorably.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, and I believe it was mentioned before, but VT[5] is not downloadable from the Newtek site. In fact when I log in (http://register.newtek.com) and click on my downloads, there are only two things I can download for VT[5] and they are both for Skybox LiveSet. There are some VT[4] patches and iVGA MAC also listed.

Think your best bet would be to contact your local reseller if possible, or Newtek. Good luck.

J.

SBowie
07-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, and I believe it was mentioned before, but VT[5] is not downloadable from the Newtek site.Correct.

PSith
01-27-2011, 08:47 AM
The DVE that compile by DVE creation Kit run pretty good with VT or SE. But anybody can tell me can I use it with other Switcher product?

jcupp
01-27-2011, 10:40 AM
The DVE that compile by DVE creation Kit run pretty good with VT or SE. But anybody can tell me can I use it with other Switcher product?

Standard Def TriCasters.