PDA

View Full Version : How i have LS Generator and LS plugin for Aura to make shadow realtime?

thovn
07-11-2008, 09:32 PM
My company already buy Tricaster Studio, VT4,5 and Aura but when i use account login at register.newtek.com and go to "my download", at the Tricaster area only have LiveSet Contructor, so where or how i have LS plugin for LW to make Liveset and LS plugin for Aura to make shadow realtime? Thanks for your answers.

HostV
07-12-2008, 01:37 AM
I think that direct contact to the developers will help you greatly.

Gordon
07-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi Thovn;
You need LightWave V9.0 for the LW Liveset program/plugins. This LW 9.x is available as an upgrade to VT 4.5 as a stand alone program. The Aura plugin is available with the latest version of Aura that is included in VT 5, then it will show up in your VT5 downloads.

billmi
07-14-2008, 09:39 AM
And it is worth noting that the LW pluggin can not create realtime shadows, just reflections and scaling of the source video. If you want shadows, you'll need to use the pluggin for Aura.

SBowie
07-14-2008, 09:54 AM
If you want shadows, you'll need to use the pluggin for Aura.And of course, shadows added in Aura will really be 2D (unlike those in some of the demo sets).

thovn
07-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks all of your answers, now i have Liveset Generator already, but my company only have a box for upgrade VT4 to VT5 so i don't have productID

And of course, shadows added in Aura will really be 2D (unlike those in some of the demo sets).

I have a question that, with Aura plugin, can it make all of these effect : reflect, refract, zoom camera and live shadow when we combine LW plugin and Aura plugin for final liveset?

SBowie
07-29-2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks all of your answers, now i have Liveset Generator already, but my company only have a box for upgrade VT4 to VT5 so i don't have productIDThe product ID is normally found on a sticker on the box, and another sticker on the inside of the manual cover (supplied with the upgrade). If you don't have either of those, I think you need to have a serious talk with your dealer.

with Aura plugin, can it make all of these effect : reflect, refract, zoom camera and live shadow when we combine LW plugin and Aura plugin for final liveset?Using Aura you can 'fake' reflections, and maybe refraction too, scale, crop, reposition and warp, as well as add 2D shadows.

I think Josť has been using LW to render separate passes and compositing in Aura for more realistic reflections - he may have some comment on using the two apps and their respective LS plugins together.

joseburgos
07-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Yes using separate render passes in LW, I create true parallax for my reflections, refraction and shadows to be used via the Aura plug-in.
Too much to explain but a primer would be to read up on rendering in passes which can be found in books and on the web.

Take care,

thovn
08-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Thx SBowie and joseburgos

siafu
03-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Hello All.

I have been reading many posts here about virtual sets.

We have the VT5 and just now we started to use the LiveSet portion.

We use 3 cameras for our live productions, center, left and right cameras.

On the center camera we have it set to a two person shot siting on chairs.

This center camera is the one that is giving us problems as we can;t zoom in enough to have both people look big enough for the live sets we have. The live sets that came with VT5.

From the posts I've read, there are several of you that can build custom sets.

Would you mind contacting me to discuss the possibility of building some custom sets for us?

Thank you very much