PDA

View Full Version : VT 4.6 installation CDs

indigena
07-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi Im having a very big problem,

Im from Argentina, I bought a VT card with VT 4.6 soft 2 years ago from an "official" dealer. They didnt give me the installation CDs, after almost an year asking for then, suddenly they dissapear and Argentina has no longer Newtek representation.
Ive sent several emails to newtek support with no answer. My windows XP crashed a couple of months ago, I need to reinstall everything, but with no VT CDs Im fu..ed. I really dont get why newtek doesnt give me a copy, is not that you can use the soft without the VT card on your computer. If this isnt enough when I try to register my VT card on newtek webs It said it was already registered

So, I was wondering if there is a caritative soul out there that could send me a copy of their VT soft, I dont know what else to do. Here is all the info Ive got about my card.

Video Toaster Product ID:
A9R9-CKY399KAA-****
Board Serial Number: 4110 850318 RMA1

I would really appreciate your help

Francisco

billmi
07-14-2008, 06:28 AM
Unless you are the registered owner, you won't be able to activate the software.

Ultimately, you'll need to get in touch with NewTek, to get the registration of the card changed to your name, and when you are in touch with them would be a good time to ask about the software.

csandy
07-14-2008, 10:07 AM
The e-mail address you had for Newtek may have been regional or is otherwise defunct. Try calling Newtek at 1-800-862-7837 (TOASTER). I'm sorry, it's been a couple of years since I've been to Argentina so I don't recall how to call the U.S. from there but it should not be too difficult to figure out.

La direccin de correo electrnico que ha de Newtek puede haber sido regional o conste de otro modo desaparecida. Trate de Newtek llamando a 1-800-862-7837 (TOASTER). Lo siento, ha sido un par de aos que han transcurrido desde que he sido a Argentina, as que no recuerdo cmo llamar a los EE.UU. a partir de ah, pero no debera ser demasiado difcil de averiguar.

indigena
07-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the help!!! Fortunatelly Ive found a norton ghost image and I was able to bring Toaster back to life.

Im fine with this "solution" by now.... maybe next Year Ill get VT[5] and send my troubles away

regards

Francisco

SBowie
07-16-2008, 06:31 AM
Im fine with this "solution" by now.... maybe next Year Ill get VT[5] and send my troubles awayWell, that's fortunate. I seems as though your (now defunct) dealer must have installed and registered the software for you, but never got around to either giving you the disks (or manual?) or informing you of the login details. Nevertheless, the software must have been registered in order to initially generate the unlock code that is enabling your restored installation to run.

The good news is that you should be able to discern the unlock code. It is shown in the startup splash screen, and I think also in the About panel. Write that down somewhere, and then all you need is a copy of the disks. Perhaps if you have any documentation to show you purchased the system legitimately, you can talk to Customer Service about getting the registration transferred to your name and laying hold of a copy of the software. Getting that sorted out would provide access to any updates or other downloads you might have a right too.