PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Model.

karlieman
07-10-2008, 10:34 AM
hello, i need someone to model and texture a star wars planet for a movie i am working on. can some one help me.

thanks. 60574

Giacomo99
07-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Start with a sphere of sufficiently high resolution. Put a bunch of texture maps and sh*t on it. Hit F9 to render. Done.

karlieman
07-10-2008, 11:39 AM
dude theres to many little details on it like the city. i would do that other wise, thanks.

Nangleator
07-10-2008, 11:48 AM
That's rather a big project. There's a couple ways of doing it.

You could sit there and paint a projection map for a sphere at an appropriate resolution. Say 20k x 10k pixels, minimum. (Don't get closer to that planet than low orbit, if that's all the resolution you can manage.)

You could paint different pictures at different resolutions for different scenes. Think like a matte painter.

"Painting" may involve 3D creation of Star Warsy cityscapes. Personally, I'd try to comp those over a heavily modified Blue Marble planet Earth. Credit NASA if you do that.

littlewaves
07-16-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm pretty sure someone posted a "make a planet" type of tutorial around here or spin-quad recently. Pretty sure it was light wave based. I'll see if I can find it.

if this jogs anyone elses memory I think it used nasa images and terrain maps from another website as textures and then went on to deal with creating a realistic cloud and atmosphere layer.

I remember chopping up the texture maps in photoshop to make it less earth like (more like Alderaan if I'm honest)