PDA

View Full Version : All-New VT[5] Can't Connect to NewTekrtme.dll Driver for VT[5] Newbie

FinalCutToast!
07-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Hello Everyone.

I have heard the VT[5] is awesome, so I purchased it with a VT Pro card, then just bought a new PC that ought to give this latest Video Toaster sensation a happy home.

Short story -
Exhausted. Having trouble after installing (1) PROGRAM DISC, the PC rebooted but the VT logo doesn't show on the desktop like the Manual said it would tipping me off that something went wrong. Now this new installation (second time around) can't find newtekrtme.dll and a system search result turns up nothing. In DEVICE MANAGER a question mark suggests something's wrong as well. Closer inspection of that driver's properites shows details that indicate 2 driver components present.
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\NewTekSD.sys
C:\Windows\System32\wdcoinstaller01001.dll

NewTek's dialog box that tells us VT is not communicating with newtekrtme.dll forgot to tell us where that little file ought to be located! :D (I'm laughing to keep from whining at this point).

After 2 separate install attempts (uninstalled completely, the first go-round), and after moving the VT card around (green LED lights up fine everytime and there seem to be no conflicts) now what should I do? The manual and the install procedure kind of left me hanging? Will you folks be kind enough to guide this Newbie, who's bent on showing his FCP comrades just how fast an editor NewTek has got?

System specs below

Model: PowerSpec E671 (Winbook)
Manufacturer: Micro Electronics, Inc.
Intel Core2 Quad (Q6700) @ 2.66GHz 2.66GHz and 8192 KB Level 2 full-speed cache
Intel DP35DP motherboard running @ 1066 MHz FSB speed
nVidia 8600GT graphics with 512MB RAM, Driver version: 7.15.11.6925
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (Service Pack 1) running with 4096GB DDR2 667MHz RAM (2 x 2048 GB)
:help:
Final

Long story
The Manual said the drivers would be installed after that reboot, but there's a problem: In Device Manager, at
NEWTEKSDVIDEOCLASS => NEWTEK SD VIDEO DRIVER,
there's a (?) question mark, which usually means something's wrong.

Now I found the VT icon in the Start menu, even though it's missing from the desktop. What do I do now, to get my PC to recognize the VT Drivers?

Late last night, I had run into the very same difficulty, so I decided to
remove the VT card after powering down and pulling the plug on the PC. Waited 2 minutes, then reinstalled card. That didn't solve anything, even though I read that as a helpful tip somewhere in these forums.

Then I tried moving the VT card to another PCI slot. That did not work either, and I should let you all know the green LED spoken of here has always been lit when the PC is powered up.

Finally I uninstalled VT software with Windows Add/Remove feature, and even went so far as deleted the NEWTEK folder from the PROGRAMS list, and the shortcut from the START menu, since I read that somewhere here, too, and one other thing is that I did not connect the SX Box, to keep things simple.

I am afraid to click the VT logo this time around, for fear it will tell me all over again "VT is having trouble communicating with its drivers".

What might be keeping my system from seeing the VT drivers, even though I can see two things in the NEWTEK SD VIDEO DRIVER PROPERTIES list these two things under DRIVER FILE DETAILS:
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\NewTekSD.sys
C:\Windows\System32\wdcoinstaller01001.dll

But the VT tells me it can't find NEWTEKRTME.DLL and I did a system search and that did not find it either. I have done all I can do without someone walking me through this.

I did not install the (2) CONTENT DISC this time around since that doesnt have drivers on it, and it didn't help me before.

p.s., Why doesn't the manual say when to install that second disc anyway?

FinalCutToast!
07-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Sorry for the overstated RAM amount. Should read Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (Service Pack 1) running with 4.096GB DDR2 667MHz RAM (2 x 2048 GB)

FinalX

Quiet1onTheSet
07-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Sorry for the overstated RAM amount. FinalX
Welcome to the mix, and you're forgiven. :hey: You might try downloading a different nVidia graphics driver and see what happens. You'd be surprised how often installation sticking points have been rooted in graphics driver issues.

Q1

FinalCutToast!
07-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Welcome to the mix

Thanks, and a big one is owed to Don Parker at :newtek: Tech Support, who gave me what I overlooked in the READ ME doc, on the VT[5] PROGRAM disc.

For VT[5] to launch, Vista users need to have USER ACCOUNT CONTR0L turned OFF, under User and Family Accounts. Good call, Don, and thanks for your show of patience.

"We Have Toast..."
:vticon:
FinalX

SBowie
07-09-2008, 05:14 AM
Cool - you'd have wanted that off anyway, it's pretty annoying.

stargatesg1
07-09-2008, 01:57 PM
I too get that a bunch of times! I seem to have to pull the power and dissipate the power to the mobo. Then go into the bios and under the pci allocation let it reset nvram then it finds the card again. This happens a bunch.. COuld it be a flakey card?

FinalCutToast!
07-09-2008, 05:48 PM
I too get that a bunch of times! I seem to have to pull the power and dissipate the power to the mobo. Then go into the bios and under the pci allocation let it reset nvram then it finds the card again. This happens a bunch.. COuld it be a flakey card?
You didn't state whether "you get that" under Windows Vista or XP Pro. Which OS is your VT baking on?

stargatesg1
07-10-2008, 04:57 AM
In my particular case its standard xp pro
supermicro mobo x5da8
1 gig ram and 6 10000rpm scsi drives raid 0

You didn't state whether "you get that" under Windows Vista or XP Pro. Which OS is your VT baking on?

FinalCutToast!
07-11-2008, 09:07 AM
I too get that a bunch of times! I seem to have to pull the power and dissipate the power to the mobo. Then go into the bios and under the pci allocation let it reset nvram then it finds the card again. This happens a bunch.. COuld it be a flakey card?Provided you're not really dealing with some internal heat-dissipation issue, why not simply download a few nVidia drivers, and see which set gives your VT a kinder, gentler end-user experience? Let us know if you've already done that?

While we're at it, care to clue us in on just which
Toaster card,
Toaster software,
nVidia graphics card, and
nVidia graphics driver version you're currently using?